• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off on London Bridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah. That's my other self. This is apathetic xoggoth here.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Your grasp of human nature is largely non existent.
      When all else fails, there's always the ad hominem attack.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Predictably, like the mutton-head you are, you come up with a simple solution to a complex problem.
        Predictably you suggest a simple problem as complex.

There's nothing complex about human-beings using religion as an excuse to be nasty to each other.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Have a read of this, from a google of: "emotion vs logic in motivation":

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ic-and-emotion

"It is said that emotions drive 80% of the choices Americans make, while practicality and objectivity only represent about 20% of decision-making"
          and:
          "a large percentage of the time, emotion wins this ever-going arm wrestle"

Emotions are the main indicator of intent and belief, and the absence of emotions is a good indicator of indifference and/or dishonesty (with the BBC interviewees being the former).

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            So what do you suggest? We ( Western Countries ) should never "interfere" with other countries?

And you honestly believe that would help?

You are blaming us for the crimes of others. You are an appeaser.

That must make you a warmonger then. Which is probably not far from the truth since the country is the 2nd largest dealer of weapons on the planet.

Explain why we should interfere with other countries seeking their own history that is not ours? For as long as it does not threaten ours, then let them get on with it.

Not selling weapons to 'bad' people would help.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Feeling very apathetic lately. Can anyone recommend a good derangement class?
              Yeah, go have a talk to yourself in a mirror

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                That must make you a warmonger then. Which is probably not far from the truth since the country is the 2nd largest dealer of weapons on the planet.

Explain why we should interfere with other countries seeking their own history that is not ours? For as long as it does not threaten ours, then let them get on with it.

Not selling weapons to 'bad' people would help.
                Therein lies the rub; whose definition of "bad" gets to take precedence?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The cynical might say your comment proves you are an ultra cretin.
                  Not just the cynical.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I agree with you on that one.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Therein lies the rub; whose definition of "bad" gets to take precedence?
                      Not who or what, very simply 'do no harm to others I'd not be prepared to receive myself'

Comment

Working...
                      X