• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How large a working majority will Tories get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You must vote even if it's for a party who doesn't win the seat in your constituency.

Otherwise you are totally to blame when the UK fecks up whoever wins.
    Clearly that's nonsense.

Anyway... if May doesn't increase her majority, realistically double it, she should be forced to resign. A narrow win can only be considered a catastrophic failure based on where she started from a few weeks ago. What a complete shambles of a campaign and a manifesto. Unless she had a bet with someone that she could try and lose and still win.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You must vote even if it's for a party who doesn't win the seat in your constituency.

Otherwise you are totally to blame when the UK fecks up whoever wins.
      Nah. I only just voted last June. And I and everyone who voted the same has been actively ignored. I'm not sure I'm in the mood to be ignored again when the voting system delivers a majority to the party that gets a third of the vote.

Democracy is for chumps.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I don't care as long as it's a majority.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ftfy

Originally posted by marillionfan View Post
          i don't care as long as it's a majority and I don't lose £10k.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Clearly that's nonsense.
            Clearly, that's nonsense.

Comment

Anyway... if May doesn't increase her majority, realistically double it, she should be forced to resign.
              And who would you have replace her? Boris?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Nah. I only just voted last June. And I and everyone who voted the same has been actively ignored. I'm not sure I'm in the mood to be ignored again when the voting system delivers a majority to the party that gets a third of the vote.

Democracy is for chumps.
                /\ this /\

Somehow all the parties are completely ignoring the views of the 48%. I have always been a Tory voter, from the first time I voted for Maggie, but they have lost my vote and may (sic) never ever get it back. As much as I dislike Labour, Abbot and the rest of the gang, I hope there is a hung parliament with a Corbyn PM so that the current sorry lot of Tory tulipesters get kicked out and relegated to the history books.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And who would you have replace her? Boris?
                  Anyone but! She's been exposed as fragile though
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Anyone but! She's been exposed as fragile though
                    Amber Rudd - Can go on TV and be laughed at after a recent family bereavement showing she is made of stronger stuff than her weak and wobbly leader.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Amber Rudd - Can go on TV and be laughed at after a recent family bereavement showing she is made of stronger stuff than her weak and wobbly leader.
                      OTOH, she made a total hash of the last Tory conference. PM is a whole new test. You never really know how weak and wobbly someone is going to be until they get the job and start wobbling.

Comment

Working...
                      X