• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    I just wonder, given the amount of white chavs in this city, when the first mosque will be burned...

on completely unrelated topic, have you seen my lighter?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        If this sort of thing continues, there's only one way to tackle it - Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet!

Make every adult Muslim resident of the UK register as such with their mosque and pay what amounts to a surety or bond on behalf of their community.

Then every time there is a terrorist incident like this, where the perp turns out to be muslim, some or all the bond is forfeit and they must pay a load more.

That in effect, or something very similar, is how William the Conqueror, with only a few thousand soldiers, subdued a nation of a million or more warlike and irate Saxons!

The comparison may sound quaint, and perhaps slightly ridiculous, but human nature hasn't changed, and any person or community who risks losing a load of money will be far more likely to report any suspicions and cooperate with the authorities.
        But their motives were entirely different, i.e. to marginalize the Jews rather than just keep them on their toes with financial disincentives to tolerate terrorists among them.

So what would you suggest, bearing in mind that if this kind of thing goes on too long then sooner or later people will start proposing and agreeing much less palatable solutions than the tried and tested one I proposed?
        Nah, I think I once started a thread about alsations and northernladyuk chimed in right away to berate me, by pointing out that Adolph Hitler liked them!

Still waiting for her/him to answer my question ...
        Of course, the question.

Firstly, let's explore your 'more palatable' proposal. You want to create a legally enforced database of Muslims. What will the penalty be for non-registration? How will you detect non-compliant Muslims? What will you do if there is a mass disobedience and a refusal to register? Have you considered that this would lead to more terrorism, not less?

This is a terrifying state you wish to create, but thankfully you are a deranged kipper so we don't have to take it seriously.

What would I do? Carry on as we are with intelligence led policing within a framework that respects civil rights for all.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Apparently all these Wahabi mosques around the world have got their finances from thin air.
          Unfortunately there is no specific planning permission need for mosques as they come under the same category as churches, libraries and community centres. Any building of that type can be leased or purchased then used as a mosque. Often the mosques are official describe as community centre which will attract local government grants. Whilst the upkeep is often paid for by the locals, the imams are usually sponsored by foreign sources.

There must be changes in the law to have all places of religion registered and monitored for funding and political activity.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Of course, the question.

Firstly, let's explore your 'more palatable' proposal. You want to create a legally enforced database of Muslims. What will the penalty be for non-registration? How will you detect non-compliant Muslims? What will you do if there is a mass disobedience and a refusal to register? Have you considered that this would lead to more terrorism, not less?

This is a terrifying state you wish to create, but thankfully you are a deranged kipper so we don't have to take it seriously.

What would I do? Carry on as we are with intelligence led policing within a framework that respects civil rights for all.
            What do we do is the question? I'm not making any suggestions before anyone starts the abuse, but only stating the current policy has become one of damage limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Unfortunately there is no specific planning permission need for mosques as they come under the same category as churches, libraries and community centres. Any building of that type can be leased or purchased then used as a mosque. Often the mosques are official describe as community centre which will attract local government grants. Whilst the upkeep is often paid for by the locals, the imams are usually sponsored by foreign sources.

There must be changes in the law to have all places of religion registered and monitored for funding and political activity.
              Nope. It's politically incorrect to do this, because islam is peaceful ... My ass

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                What do we do is the question? I'm not making any suggestions before anyone starts the abuse, but only stating the current policy has become one of damage limitation.
                It's a hideous atrocity in Manchester, but I don't think it is possible for the police to stop every plot. So if we accept that, then we need a combination of 'damage control' as you put it or risk management or whatever, and also some dealing with the route causes of why some young Muslim men (principally, other categories of individual are sometimes involved) feel the need to do this kind of thing. There are probably a number of factors including radicalisation, economic deprivation etc.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  All I'm saying when I was there (few times) I thought with this level of security it's an easy target and I must say I was cautious whilst on the concert...
                  So is any big event. I don't recall being searched going into Old Trafford. Can't say I've ever been searched at the Apollo or the Academy or any other music venue. The Arena is no different in terms of security
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Is this what you want or is the Telegraph a hate filled rag as well?

Islamic State supporters celebrate Manchester attack online
                    And there we have it...

"In videos posted online, Isil supporters said the attack was revenge for the UK's involvement in the bombing campaign against Isil in Iraq and Syria"

This is an appalling act and my thoughts are with those and the families of those injured or who have unfortunately lost their lives, however, our own government is mostly to blame for this. If we didn't go around indiscriminately bombing the sh*t out of the middle-east, we wouldn't have half as much terrorism as we currently do.

Like the shocked school yard bully who steals the lunch-money of an entire class of kids for a term but who ultimately gets his comeuppance when one finally decides to stand up for himself.

Whilst it's certainly no time for humour, this headline from "The Onion" (originally posted when Gulf War II was kicking off I believe) seems to sum it up perfectly:

New Bomb Capable Of Creating 1,500 New Terrorists In Single Blast

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      And there we have it...

"In videos posted online, Isil supporters said the attack was revenge for the UK's involvement in the bombing campaign against Isil in Iraq and Syria"

This is an appalling act and my thoughts are with those and the families of those injured or who have unfortunately lost their lives, however, our own government is mostly to blame for this. If we didn't go around indiscriminately bombing the sh*t out of the middle-east, we wouldn't have half as much terrorism as we currently do.

Like the shocked school yard bully who steals the lunch-money of an entire class of kids for a term but who ultimately gets his comeuppance when one finally decides to stand up for himself.

Whilst it's certainly no time for humour, this headline from "The Onion" (originally posted when Gulf War II was kicking off I believe) seems to sum it up perfectly:

New Bomb Capable Of Creating 1,500 New Terrorists In Single Blast
                      But isn't this British citizens bombing British citizens?

Comment

Working...
                      X