• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Queen calls emergency meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post

WGAS. Many intellectual pygmies share your view.

I'm not a pygmy, in fact, I have 1,71 m and for a woman, I'm tall

In the past, your Queen didn't invite the Prime Minister's wife of my country because he was not married. Came from that immoral family it's ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nope.

The heir to the throne is Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor. He has a wife Camilla Rosemary Windsor née Shand, previously Parker Bowles.

If Queen dies and then the heir dies or decides to abdicate only then will his son, the second in line to the throne, William Arthur Philip Louis, will be King.

This is royalty 101 which I thought you as a newer British citizen than most on here would know.
      Charles would be king but Camilla wouldn't become queen, since she's not a princess? Likewise William would become king but as a commoner, his wife would not become queen?

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      In fact, I know that but in my opinion, Prince Charles should abdicate the throne and pass to William. They are a young, nice and a decent couple (as far as I now ) and they are the best choice to "represent" UK.
      This may all be true but you're rather missing the whole point of the monarchy. It's not about choosing people.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not a pygmy, in fact, I have 1,71 m and for a woman, I'm tall
        Some of us still think in imperial units. What's that in fathoms?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Charles would be king but Camilla wouldn't become queen, since she's not a princess? Likewise William would become king but as a commoner, his wife would not become queen?
          Erm, The Queen is the King's wife, whoever she is. It doesn't work the other way around as in a male dominated society that would put the Queen's husband above the true monarch. Or have I failed Royalty 101?

Personally I'd like to see Elizabeth II to be the last monarch and we should use the opportunity to drag the country into the modern world. Though after Brexit I'm not optimistic.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Will become a Queen consort. Am I wrong?

This may all be true but you're rather missing the whole point of the monarchy. It's not about choosing people.
            No, I'm not missing, just convince Prince Charles to abdicate the throne.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Erm, The Queen is the King's wife, whoever she is. It doesn't work the other way around as in a male dominated society that would put the Queen's husband above the true monarch. Or have I failed Royalty 101?

Personally I'd like to see Elizabeth II to be the last monarch and we should use the opportunity to drag the country into the modern world. Though after Brexit I'm not optimistic.
              I'm still firmly of the opinion that do a load more good than harm. Same with the old style House of Lords.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Some of us still think in imperial units. What's that in fathoms?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Certainly the queen's husband doesn't become king, but I thought the king's wife doesn't always become queen. Diana would've IIRC and Camilla/Kate won't but I'm not sure the details.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    I'm still firmly of the opinion that do a load more good than harm. Same with the old style House of Lords.
                    Then put 'Royal Family' out to competitive tender to see if the UK can get a more economically advantageous deal.

Comment

No, I'm not missing, just convince Prince Charles to abdicate the throne.
                      Why would he abdicate before assuming the throne when he's in good health? Abdication is not something to be taken lightly on the grounds you don't fancy the job, or you reckon someone else can do a better job.
                      I think Will & Kate would be wonderful but that's not really a good reason. Maybe they'd like some time to raise their children, and at the moment they have more flexibility as the golden couple to do things they mightn't be able to once Will is forced into the more formal role of king.

Comment

Working...
                      X