• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We told you so!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Of course you haven't a clue - you're not expected to.

How do you know that the EU has had zero contribution to world peace, when you don't know what the counterfactual is?
    don't be silly it doesn't even have an Army - oh dear.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      don't be silly it doesn't even have an Army - oh dear.
      I do find it amazing that you can make a living and aren't confined to a home for imbeciles.
      If your cognitive skills are representative of the average British employee, the country is fooked and it's no wonder we need immigrants.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        usual bollux and insults from AssSnob.
        FTFY

It appears a few people in the know Jucker, Trump RT etc believe its on you just believe the denials.

Comment

I do find it amazing that you can make a living and aren't confined to a home for imbeciles.
          If your cognitive skills are representative of the average British employee, the country is fooked and it's no wonder we need immigrants.
          The immediate concern is the cognitive skills of the electorate, which is mitigated very little by immigration. Thanks goodness for the expatriate voters.

Comment

There are plenty of things that you find amazing sas. That explains why you ARE in fact confined to a home for imbeciles.

Just be happy they still let you log on.

Can't be easy for them, constantly mopping up your dribble from the keyboard.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Of course you haven't a clue - you're not expected to.

How do you know that the EU has had zero contribution to world peace, when you don't know what the counterfactual is?
              I don't know what passes for intelligent life in your parallel universe, but I'll humour you anyway.
              If there is a single instance of the EU intervening diplomatically (they've only had the basis of a military force for a couple of years now so I'm not expecting a military instance) in any conflict anywhere, resulting in something of a positive outcome (shortened conflict, peace treaty, anything remotely beneficial) I'm not aware of it, and neither are you, since you would have shot me down in flames had such an occasion existed.
              By throwing in the counterfactual argument, you're presumably suggesting the "what if the EU had never existed" scenario. To which the answer is simple. NATO. We don't need the EU to promote, police or maintain peace in Europe. It's nice that they say they want to, but they have never actually been in a position to do anything, and when they could have done they chose to do nothing except have some meetings and that was about it.
              Appointing an EU Foreign Minister and issuing a few "Directives" here and there does not qualify as "having teeth". NATO has "teeth", the EU has "meetings". Simple enough for you?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

why hasn't the US which spends more on defence than the whole of Europe sorted out Iran, Korea, Russia? oh yes they had nukes not red EU passports.

Talk softly & carry a ***** off stick.

Or you can believe the EU is vaguely relevant in modern peace keeping, I choose to believe based on the evidence that if your opponent is willing & can turn your capital city to Glass you respect them. If they can restrict your access to the EU butter mountain then you ignore them.

YMMV.

Again show us the money

The EU was where in Kosovo? Chechnya? Croatia? Georgia?

oh yes they were polishing their treaties....

Here we have a bunch of feckwits thinking their friends are tough.

Comment

Well, Ze Germans haven't invaded anyone for a while. That's surely a good thing.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Well, Ze Germans haven't invaded anyone for a while. That's surely a good thing.
                    Every country in the world has its period of stupidity.
                    Ours is just starting.

Am re-reading one of my favourite books "Alone in Berlin" by Hans Fallada and its interesting that just about the time Germany started its stupidity in 1939, people who disagreed with the direction the country was taking were called "Moaners". Literal translation from German. Sound familiar? Of course we're all familiar with the German headline "Enemies of the People" and the Stalinist "Crush the Saboteurs".
                    Isn't it interesting how both those societies had a spectacular failure.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 28 April 2017, 22:03.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I do rather admire how you are so proud of your ignorance.
                      I prefer to call it "selective culling of useless crap". For instance, I've never seen Towie, and I genuinely don't know how the Kardashians became so famous that they're all married to rappers or having sex-change ops. All of that could be completely wrong for all I care, some useless crap creeps in occasionally, and only gets culled when I can be arsed.
                      Anyway, all of that could make smalltalk a little tricky if I was ever tempted by one of your legendary Tuesday Specials (you know, the one where you take your teeth out for the authentic Granny Experience, and it's only a fiver for anyone who's bothered to wash beforehand - six quid for those that haven't, but then Aldi do a cheap mouthwash, so you still come out on top - if you pardon the expression).
                      You'd better start brushing up on football and Scorsese films, or we'll have nothing to natter about. And that would be a shame.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X