• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn wants four new bank holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    WSS. If there's going to be 12 in a year, why can't we have one a month?

If you make it the end of the month then it's like an extra day off to recover from the payday piss up. I can see that being a vote winner.
    Sexist! JC has already spoken on this matter. You will be the first to report for re-education.

Jeremy Corbyn claims drinks after work are unfair on mothers | The Independent

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
      And, err, Theresa May's ultra hard Brexit vision wont be giving everyone a year off?

I don't see what Corbyn would do to businesses that would make them head to Europe more than May.
      I'm sure business leaders are desperately hoping he gets in so that he can bring in his maximum salary ideas and force them to give people more paid holidays.

Brexit (which everyone knows Corbyn wanted to) is going to have enough impact without idiot Corbyn piling on.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Sexist! JC has already spoken on this matter. You will be the first to report for re-education.

Jeremy Corbyn claims drinks after work are unfair on mothers | The Independent
        Fair point. I'd like to apologise to all mothers of young children and assure them that I completely support their equal right to get bladdered every month. Perhaps pubs should be required to provide child care.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Perhaps pubs should be required to provide child care.
          Let's start with husband day care.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
            The UK is actually the only country I know where public holidays are included in the annual number of paid holidays.
            I've never had bank holidays included in my paid holidays.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X