• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    lesson learned though...had i left it all in XLM, where I originally started, I owuld have had 60000 of them when I sold near the top....should have had about 4BTC worth by now. Won't be doing that again. Just need to ween myself off the daily checking of prices and leave it to my email alerts
    Me too. i bought in and out of ripple 3 times before selling not far off the top and staying out. I haven't done the numbers, but I would have had a fair bit more had I just stayed in.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Current ALTs are:
      SC, Zen, SALT, GNO, GEO, UKG, DNT, DCR, XMR, BCC, OMG, VTC, XVG, STEEM, 1ST, POWR, RDD, FTC, ADA, ETC, SYS, QTUM, SNT, XEM
      Quite a range but only small amounts in each
      What sort of amounts did you start with ?

Comment

Originally posted by FarangMau View Post
        What sort of amounts did you start with ?
        I always try and put in a minimum of 0.05 in each coin. Some (just a few) have about 0.1BTC or so
        where it's gradually got up by 0.05 i try and take that out and put it into another one
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Verge (XVG) definitely in oversold territory. As is Gnosis (GNO), good grief... bargain at the minute.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Verge (XVG) definitely in oversold territory. As is Gnosis (GNO), good grief... bargain at the minute.
            XVG is still 10 times the BTC price it was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just thinking that is insane. And it's much the same for so many alts.

So although this crash looks bad, it's nothing when you look beyond the one month chart and that means that we could see a more substantial correction yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              XVG is still 10 times the BTC price it was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just thinking that is insane. And it's much the same for so many alts.

So although this crash looks bad, it's nothing when you look beyond the one month chart and that means that we could see a more substantial correction yet.
              Just saw on reddit that the market cap of all crypto is now what it was 23 days ago.

A lot of people who took out mortgages etc are having a very bad time and a lot can't get at the funds they have left, someone has even posted a suicide hotline in the cryptocurrency sub...

How many of us on this thread have -

Put in money we can't afford to lose or borrowed
              Put it all into 1 coin
              Left it on the exchange

It's a harsh lesson for sure - hope the horror stories don't prompt too much extra regulation to save people from their own greed and stupidity...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Just saw on reddit that the market cap of all crypto is now what it was 23 days ago.

A lot of people who took out mortgages etc are having a very bad time and a lot can't get at the funds they have left, someone has even posted a suicide hotline in the cryptocurrency sub...

Put it all into 1 coin
                Left it on the exchange

It's a harsh lesson for sure - hope the horror stories don't prompt too much extra regulation to save people from their own greed and stupidity...
                I've left plenty on the exchange, but moved a fair chunk out recently.

People who have taken mortgages and loans out are just plain dumb and probably do need saving from their own stupidity. I think the point that needs to be done is at the point of lending rather the point of spending though.

I've not seen anyone here talk about anything like that or putting silly amounts in. I'm yet to cash out my stake, but will only be annoyed and far from suicidal if it all goes to zero.

Comment

Put it all into 1 coin
                  Left it on the exchange

My coins are still on the exchange but I only invested what I was able to afford to lose (regardless of how much more I wanted to put in over the last few months). Have a nice spread of coins now but for a long time was only in 1 or 2
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Yes. If you've got £1k to spend do this: 50% today. 50% tomorrow or the day after. If it's lower, you've hedged and bought at a better price overall. If it's higher and you bought in, you've paid for you hedge
                    Cheers muchly. Caveat emptor and all that.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Put it all into 1 coin
                      Left it on the exchange

Nope nuts to put in money you can't afford to lose. Might be a bit wassed off but thats it.

Nope got loads of coins.

Nope got most of it on hardware key now.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X