• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Reuters) -Coinbase Global Inc launched a tie-up with Apple and Alphabet Inc's Google on Tuesday that will allow users to add cards from their accounts to the payment apps run by the two tech giants.

The Coinbase card added to the wallets can be used to buy everyday goods with digital currencies, the biggest U.S. cryptocurrency exchange said in a blog post. (https://bit.ly/3wN2wNN)

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/coi...140537787.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post

I might be younger than you but I am born prior to 1990.

Google: Resisting the Virtual Life, by City Lights Books (1995)

With great respect to you guys, but by the sounds of it you do not understand how blockchain/crypto works.... You guys seem to miss the point, massively! Blockchain and crypto is revolutionary! Speculation is one, but use is another!

A bubble won't last longer than 12 months... BTC was introduced in 2008 and it's still here, wake up!
      Bitcoin down another 1.5% today How much of a loss is that this past month

Edit: at this moment it's down 36% in the month What a great investment
      Last edited by Whorty; 1 June 2021, 18:44.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Bitcoin down another 1.5% today How much of a loss is that this past month

Pretty good if you bought anytime before 2021.

Up 10% on my DOGE today with Coinbase news though it's running counter to the rest of the market which is at best flat. So hair-trigger on the big red button.

Actually, I am genuinely thinking of writing a script and buying a literal big red button that will dump everything in one fell swoop, because the time it takes you to login and make trades can cost you 5-10% the way the market reacts to bad news!

In the time it took me to see why DOGE was rocketing yesterday and make a buy, it had already gone up a couple of cents. I still can't find a way to get notified instantly of news stories and clearly others are, because you can see market reactions within a minute or two of a tweet or article going live. I don't want to be writing code to do what must be a solved problem.
          Last edited by d000hg; 2 June 2021, 10:06.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Problem is solved by not participating in this fraud, no code writing is needed

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Problem is solved by not participating in this fraud, no code writing is needed
              Says someone who set up a SEO business, now that's fraud.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Says someone who set up a SEO business, now that's fraud.
                SEO got pretty well defined, easily verifiable success criteria, any serious website now uses SEO, even if it’s just to stop stupid site design choices, so, no that’s (“industry”) not a fraud, but certainly plenty of fraudsters who prey on get-rich-quick crowd, same as “inventors” of perpettum engines trying to defraud investors, that does not make physics fraud as a hole.

Now tulipcoons are with criminal intent by design - fraud, money laundering, financing criminal activities, attempt to create new counterfeit money - long and serious enough list to have had them banned 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Yea, and it's still 297% up from the beginning of the year and to put things into your perspective, who ever bought the top in 2017 at $20k is still in the money right now - What a great investment!

Comment

who ever bought the top in 2017 at $20k is still in the money right now - What a great investment!
                    Or maybe (far more likely) they sold for $3-5k to cut their massive losses because ultimately the "asset" isn't worth anything.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Or maybe (far more likely) they sold for $3-5k to cut their massive losses because ultimately the "asset" isn't worth anything.
                      Still a great investment tho, positive numbers do not lie.

Comment

Working...
                      X