• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Crypto Currency Fans,

I'm planning to do an ICO, how many would you like ?

Discounts for early birds.

Milan.
    What is the use case for your blockchain? Where's you whitepaper?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Watched that too - Nothing like the head of JP Morgen telling you how it is.. in his head.

Fact is, there's never been a cheaper way for cross border payment until bitcoin arrived. The currency cannot be manipulated, as he'd no doubt like.

Of course there are bubbles in bitcoin. And you see regular corrections. I think this is healthy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A little reminder...

JPMorgan agrees $13 billion settlement with U.S. over bad mortgages

JPMorgan finally took its punishment on Tuesday, agreeing to a $13 billion settlement with the U.S. government to settle charges that the bank overstated the quality of mortgages it was selling to investors in the run-up to the financial crisis.
        If that's not fraud I don't know what is. And yet not one of them saw a custodial sentence.

Truth is this is all about competition and JPMC are threatened.

JPMorgan files patent for Bitcoin-style payment system
        Last edited by scooterscot; 13 September 2017, 14:44.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wouldn't have anything to do with their vested interest in Ether / Ethereum either would it?

Linky

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
            Wouldn't have anything to do with their vested interest in Ether / Ethereum either would it?

Linky
            Indeed - the one thing you cab trust a bank with is their self interest. As ever, follow the money.

Hoping the bitcoin correction is over soon!

Bought so many NMR recently as it dived -

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Of course there are bubbles in bitcoin. And you see regular corrections. I think this is healthy.
              It can be quite volatile, but it is less volatile than many fiat currencies. The Argentinian peso is one example. And unlike the peso its rarity is known, guaranteed and immune to manipulation (although the impact of either kendo Nagasaki or the FBI ditching their considerable holdings is likely to halve the current value).
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

There is not much volatility with fiat currencies, The general trend is down, down and down.

Its a race to the bottom.

Enjoy the ride.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

The Liverpool app that sidesteps the banks - BBC News

sound as a pound.

Comment

Quite the crash taking place again today.

Any news behind it?

Or just a gradual realization that cryptos are worth no more than the credits you earn in Elite.

Comment

Don’t ask me to short it. It could be at $20,000 before this happens, but it will eventually blow up. Honestly, I am just shocked that anyone can’t see it for what it is.
                      Sounds about right. But best of luck to those of you who get out before the crash.

Comment

Working...
                      X