• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    You may be right, or you may be wrong.

I'm willing to wager a small sum on the off chance that it does another moon shot. By small, I'm talking around one BTC (c. £3k).
    What makes you think it's going to do that bearing in mind non of the factors from the original silly period are no longer in play?

Wait a week or two and you can buy two.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What makes you think it's going to do that bearing in mind non of the factors from the original silly period are no longer in play?

Wait a week or two and you can buy two.
      The history of bitcoin is all sillyness, crazy parabolic moonshots followed by massive sell offs.

I'm betting on human stupidity repeating again, but it's a gamble pure and simple.

Comment

I find it helps to change the outlook to more of a medium/longer term similar to stocks. And keep watching the adoption that's quietly happening in the background:

Report: US Congressman Announces Plans for Federal Cryptocurrency and ICO Regulation

New York Financial Regulators Approve Blockchain Payments System

Confirmed: Nasdaq’s Bitcoin Futures Will Launch in 'First Half' of 2019

The short term 'this time next year Rodders' approach doesn't help if you're not experienced in holding something through a bear market (Goldbugs will be familiar with this) and waiting it out. BTC isn't going anywhere, even if it just ends up as a speculative asset along with a few others and we end up seeing government/bank created cryptos become the standard way of transacting and having everyone's financial activity up on the blockchain for all (HMRC etc) to see...

Trading alts to increase your BTC holding is a good strategy in the mean time.

Still this has been said several times already.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Trading alts to increase your BTC holding is a good strategy in the mean time.

Still this has been said several times already.
          And right now is the time to do. WAX, WAVES, FCT (perhaps too late, already cleared 500% since bottom), XEM (NEM), Metal (MTL), they are all looking very poppy the moment.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How are all the crypto millionaires doing?

I see no one posts here now, are you too busy polishing your Lamborghini?

Comment

He sold his crypto and invest into new polished business -

Bishop Lamborghini Orange Rotary - RCA | Starr

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                How are all the crypto millionaires doing?
                Doing just fine, too busy increasing my BTC volume. While everyone is focused on the dollar value fear dominates.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

is it right time to start buying bitcoin or should i wait for further crash ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    Both. It's always the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      Anything under $25k is a steal. Yes it might fall to $2800, $1200, $500 or even $120. Who cares. I'm not. But I do know what it'll be years from now. And that the average joe will not be able to afford a single coin.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 11 December 2018, 09:40.

Comment

Working...
                      X