• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just changed my EUR on Coinbase into ETH to send over to Binance (I chose ETH this time as LTC seems to be dropping) and now wishing I'd transferred them to LTC, moved to Binance and exchange the LTC for ETH there. It seems Coinbase have big delays sending ETH, people on Twitter saying they've been waiting for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Just changed my EUR on Coinbase into ETH to send over to Binance (I chose ETH this time as LTC seems to be dropping) and now wishing I'd transferred them to LTC, moved to Binance and exchange the LTC for ETH there. It seems Coinbase have big delays sending ETH, people on Twitter saying they've been waiting for hours.
      Might be feeding time for Cryptokitties...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Might be feeding time for Cryptokitties...
        Well it finally went through. Now I've just got to decide what to do with it. The plan was buy more XRP - maybe another £100-200 worth then a small portfolio from the remainder. I have no interest or time for trading, its just a punt so I just want some stuff to hold and forget about.

Comment

Stellar is pulling back from resistance.... Going to to hodl and think what it might be in 6 months.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

go dash
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              Well it finally went through. Now I've just got to decide what to do with it. The plan was buy more XRP - maybe another £100-200 worth then a small portfolio from the remainder. I have no interest or time for trading, its just a punt so I just want some stuff to hold and forget about.
              For holding and forgetting look at the majors by market cap:

https://coinmarketcap.com/

ETH is a good hold, I'm holding ETH, LTC, BCH, DASH, STRAT, XRP, XLM.

An ultra conservative portfolio would be ETH, LTC and of course BTC if it's worth the fees (probably not if it's less than a good few hundred quid - preferably a 4 figure amount for me but not until it's confirmed back in up trend).

BCH is being tipped to go to 8k (rumour) - but please don't follow my recommendations.

These 2 posts have good pointers:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2517128

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2517149

Comment

Still hearing solid news (fundamentals rather than technical!) coming from the TRX camp. It's up 150% today alone.

The coin is now up ~500% since I recommended it a week ago. And 400% up after I sold it

Still see it doubling it from here but I will wait for a pullback before I buy in.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  The coin is now up ~500% since I recommended it a week ago. And 400% up after I sold it

Still see it doubling it from here but I will wait for a pullback before I buy in.
                  Nothing beats long term cost averaging in the end, no trading model comes close (unless it all blows up tomorrow).

Comment

Interesting read here;

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...her-zuckerberg

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                      And this also: The Truth about Ripple (well, someone's version of the truth!)

Comment

Working...
                      X