• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Thank you on behalf of myself and others for the dummies guide to jumping in to Tokens.

Most importantly, how do you exit, if you want to sell right now, how do you do it and how long does it take for the sale to be executed

Thanks

Milan.
    When I cashed out BCH on Uphold, it took about 30-60 for it to be confirmed (not sure when cos I logged out for a while) - but the price was struck when I clicked 'send' from my Jaxx mobile wallet to Uphold

(I'd previously moved the BCH from Yobit to Jaxx, to ensure I control it)

Similar times can be expected of BTC & ETH due to the size of the network etc, roughly an hour - but other smaller coins (and providers) can be much quicker
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      Have you tried using google?

[/NLUK]

no I prefer to talk directly with the Experts than fish for unqualified information on google

hence putting the question here, so let's have the answer please because it will help anybody curious on the
      subject who happens to read this thread

ta

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        When I cashed out BCH on Uphold, it took about 30-60 for it to be confirmed (not sure when cos I logged out for a while) - but the price was struck when I clicked 'send' from my Jaxx mobile wallet to Uphold

(I'd previously moved the BCH from Yobit to Jaxx, to ensure I control it)

Similar times can be expected of BTC & ETH due to the size of the network etc, roughly an hour - but other smaller coins (and providers) can be much quicker

ok thanks.

So here we have it folks, all the info we need to jump on the toot-toot ICO gravy train

If I have a dabble I'll share the info here

Milan.

Comment

no I prefer to talk directly with the Experts than fish for unqualified information on google

hence putting the question here, so let's have the answer please because it will help anybody curious on the
          subject who happens to read this thread

ta

Milan.
          You should do your own research first.

It's been discussed many times on this thread.

Comment

ok thanks.

So here we have it folks, all the info we need to jump on the toot-toot ICO gravy train

If I have a dabble I'll share the info here

Milan.
            Honestly, that's why I posted £50, just whack it in there and have a play - that will give you a feel for how, when & why BEFORE you decide to risk any semi-serious amounts

Just don't put all your eggs in 1 basket
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              You should do your own research first.

It's been discussed many times on this thread.
              ok you got me there

I wanted to get rich the lazy way

thanks

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                Honestly, that's why I posted £50, just whack it in there and have a play - that will give you a feel for how, when & why BEFORE you decide to risk any semi-serious amounts

Just don't put all your eggs in 1 basket
                Had a punt yesterday. €150 on bitcoin, €250 on ethereum. It was idle money sitting in my share dealing account, so don't care if it all disappears.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Had a punt yesterday. €150 on bitcoin, €250 on ethereum. It was idle money sitting in my share dealing account, so don't care if it all disappears.
                  £50 isn't worth dabbling with - surely fees will take % chunks out of that.

I was thinking £1k for jokes.

But if you want to make serious money then you have to stick in £10k upwards. Else what's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

my share buying should come with a public health warning

when I buy they normally go down !

luckily that only happens to me with exchange traded financial instruments

so if I do buy some coins, don't blame me if that's the straw the breaks the camel's back

Milan.

Comment

Ha...I go away to attend a funeral and end up getting put down for only having 280 quid in the game.
                      £280 quid id just the part of my stash (£8k) that I am currently comfortable 'gambling' with.
                      Initial investment was £2000 or so. I'm not about to risk any more because I'm saving a deposit for a new house and there is no way I could justify any more (to myself or to my wife) no matter what the potential return.
                      Honestly...I'd call that sensible investing.
                      And btw...that mere £280 is now 3x that thanks to the pump this morning and another one yesterday. pretty good return that. It's more than my day rate...on top of my day rate and it will all compound into the next investment when I see one.
                      I'm not expecting to be a millionaire out of this. I'm not good enough at trading and don't have a suitable initial stake. But...I will end up a lot better off than when I started and isn't that the point?
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X