• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zomething's going on.

Comment

Bitcoin correcting as expected. Bitcoin sale now on.

If you're wanting to buy bitcoin with fiat... wait until it bottoms out. $6k at first but may fall to $5.5k

If you're trading bitcoin with alt-coin, nothing really has changed.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 10 November 2017, 22:24.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

after it bottoms out I would think it's worth moving other alts back into bitcoin isn't it? last time bitcoin went back up it hammered all the others. keeping the zen though
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Now heres a thing and I'm probably stupid. As I've mentioned I've got a Bit tracker fund as part of my pension.

I can buy and sell etc and its almost instant (£12 a time). But thats only whilst markets are open during the working day. So today the bitcoin fund closed a little down but not too bad. Of course, last few hours BTC has dived a lot.

I can place buy/sell orders over the weekend but they dont get processed until monday.

So it closed at 293.80E today. Its not going to open at 293.80E is it surely? Otherwise it would too easy. i.e. Wait and see if BTC actual price falls over the weekend, if it does sell fund at fridays closing price, sit back and wait for fund price to fall (due to weekend BTC crash) and then re-buy for cheaper. And same if BTC rose sharply....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            after it bottoms out I would think it's worth moving other alts back into bitcoin isn't it? last time bitcoin went back up it hammered all the others. keeping the zen though
            why? Bitcoin correcting in dollar terms does not change the trading value between an alt-coin and bitcoin.

Even still, i'm holding 30 different alt's, don't have time to flash sell them all. Even still their bitcoin price is hardly affected by the correction of bitcoin. Unless your watching the $ value of alt's. And some alt's do track the dollar, like NEO and Zcash, but most alt's track bitcoin.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Here's one for free. Lunyr (LUN)

Good chance to see 200-300% gain before year's end. Get in before the bitcoin fork. By Nov 16th cash from bitcoin's surge will pour into alt's.
              Over 25% since buying in...

Keep watching, lots of volume coming into this one.

Comment

Factom (FCT) - https://www.factom.com/products/harmony/video

It's a buy up to $50.

Bought several k's of it a while back rather stunned.

Comment

@scooterscot

What's the position on tax?
                  Are profits classed as income (and taxable) or do they come under HMRC's gambling umbrella, and tax free?

Rather an important issue for you, I imagine?

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
                    @scooterscot

What's the position on tax?
                    Are profits classed as income (and taxable) or do they come under HMRC's gambling umbrella, and tax free?

Rather an important issue for you, I imagine?
                    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...yptocurrencies
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Now heres a thing and I'm probably stupid. As I've mentioned I've got a Bit tracker fund as part of my pension.

I can buy and sell etc and its almost instant (£12 a time). But thats only whilst markets are open during the working day. So today the bitcoin fund closed a little down but not too bad. Of course, last few hours BTC has dived a lot.

I can place buy/sell orders over the weekend but they dont get processed until monday.

So it closed at 293.80E today. Its not going to open at 293.80E is it surely? Otherwise it would too easy. i.e. Wait and see if BTC actual price falls over the weekend, if it does sell fund at fridays closing price, sit back and wait for fund price to fall (due to weekend BTC crash) and then re-buy for cheaper. And same if BTC rose sharply....
                      Are you joking? You don't know how the markets work?

Comment

Working...
                      X