• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: Gibraltar angered by Spain's EU 'veto'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    If Gibraltar voted to become Spanish I would happily wave them off, just as if the Falklands wanted to become Argentinian or the Scots want to become part of Norway.

If Gibraltar wants to stay we should allow them & protect them. That is what decent people do.

Spanish want to force Gibraltar to become part of them. Should we let them.

The correct response to this was for the British Government to have said to the EU 'I thought you wanted to do this professionally'
    Nothing hypocritical about that?

They can have a proper claim on Gibraltar only when they relinquish Ceuta and Melilla back to Morocco.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Everyone who voted Brexit sold them out - at least that's the feeling among Gibraltarians.
      Somewhat irrationally then. There's no doubt in my mind that a Conservative government would stand by them whatever. One of the many reasons that Labour/Lib Dems won't get near power in their present form is their stance on such matters. Same goes for the Falklands and Northern Ireland. Until the population of any of those chooses otherwise we have a duty to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Nothing hypocritical about that?

They can have a proper claim on Gibraltar only when they relinquish Ceuta and Melilla back to Morocco.
        I believe that people should have the right to decide their future. If Jersey decided to become independent then why shouldn't they?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I believe that people should have the right to decide their future. If Jersey decided to become independent then why shouldn't they?
          Self-determination is fine. Jersey know it would be financial suicide to go it alone. The Scots haven't realised that yet.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The UK twisted Spain's balls when they applied to join the UK for Spain to open the border to Gibraltar.

Expect the same back.

Project fact - Gibraltar

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The Scots haven't realised that yet.
              I think you'll find that's only 'the 45%'.

Is it still 45%?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The UK twisted Spain's balls when they applied to join the UK for Spain to open the border to Gibraltar.

Expect the same back.

Project fact - Gibraltar

so the Spanish have a history of behaving like twits & we should allow it?

Comment

so the Spanish have a history of behaving like twits & we should allow it?
                  What's the phrase? Give them enough rope....

Comment

What's the phrase? Give them enough rope....
                    we send a Destroyer Dinghy.

Comment

we send a Destroyer Dinghy.
                      We should check that the Spanish navy now have glass-bottomed boats in their fleet so that they can see what happened the last time they f**ked with us.

Comment

Working...
                      X