• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Goody they put their most reasonable negotiator on it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I can't work with that FT website, due to its unreasonable demands for money!
    It's only sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Unless she calls an election soon, looks like her political strategy is to hope the Brexit talks succeed and say to the nation, "look what I pulled out of the hat". So it'll be presented as a success whatever happens.
      I think she will wait until there is a choice between a sh*tty Brexit transitional deal or none at all at which point all the right wing nutcases will jump and down in an attempt to torpedo the deal and then she'll threaten or call a General election on it.

Look forward to the "theatrics", should lead to some entertaining performances from Jacob Rees-Mogg.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
        I came back from France where I had meetings with potential clients. They told me they are already giving priority to the non-British EU passport holders, because they do not want to burden themselves with an unclear legal status of British contractors/employees after Brexit. They are looking at attracting Eastern European IT personnel, especially those who have worked in the UK.

Personally, I'm staying in the UK for now, but I am learning French and German. Just in case my EU passport gets me kicked out of here and welcomed over there.
        Oh right I get it - we are not allowed to talk about it before we trigger article 50.

But it is perfectly OK for the French to discriminate against UK citizens?

There would be no confusion if the EU had done the decent thing and talked about it.

Do you realise how completely hypocritical this makes the French look? Does the rest of Europe feel the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I think she will wait until there is a choice between a sh*tty Brexit transitional deal or none at all at which point all the right wing nutcases will jump and down in an attempt to torpedo the deal and then she'll threaten or call a General election on it.

Look forward to the "theatrics", should lead to some entertaining performances from Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Jacob Rees-Mogg and his nanny stand as our proud defenders against the establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Oh right I get it - we are not allowed to talk about it before we trigger article 50.

There would be no confusion if the EU had done the decent thing and talked about it.

Do you realise how completely hypocritical this makes the French look? Does the rest of Europe feel the same way?
            Beggars can't be choosers.

HTH, BIKIW.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              You missed a bit:

Enjoy your tariffs…
              I didn't miss that. I took the bit that said what they were attempting was not legal and commented on that. If you put too many points across the Bremainers get confused.

I want a sensible orderly exit discussed like adults the EU want to turn it into a punishment detail because they are terrified their members will all leave, can't imagine why if the EU is so great.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I want a sensible orderly exit discussed like adults the EU want to turn it into a punishment detail because they are terrified their members will all leave, can't imagine why if the EU is so great.
                Looks like your perception is a bit warped.

Discarding the blowhards from both sides, all I've heard from the EU is that we cannot cherry pick the bits we want when we leave the club.
                Which is how all clubs operate.
                And because we now have access to all the cherries, there's no way any deal can be better than what we have now.
                And so leaving necessarily means we'll be worse off.

It's basic logic.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Why would they take anyone on board who potentially will be kicked out of the country soon? Just a very wise company strategy

Comment

Discarding the blowhards from both sides, all I've heard from the EU is that we cannot cherry pick the bits we want when we leave the club.
                    And because we now have access to all the cherries, there's no way any deal can be better than what we have now.

It's basic logic.
                    Depends if you want to be in the club.

As we weren't asked if we wanted to go in further we had a choice leave or become something different.

It's basic logic. (does this make my post look like i know what I'm talking about?).
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's basic logic.
                      And therein lies the problem for some of our friends.

Comment

Working...
                      X