• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon ballot tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon ballot tickets

Hit the jackpot, two tickets (but not together) for the centre court final day, 16th July!

Thing is I am not the greatest tennis fan, but guess I could get to like it!

So what are the chances of getting these tickets do you think, is this really a once in a life time opportunity?!

As you may know you are not meant to offer for sale the ballot tickets, so should I just go and have it as a bucket list tick (not that it was on the list), or, well not sure really…

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
    Hit the jackpot, two tickets (but not together) for the centre court final day, 16th July!

Thing is I am not the greatest tennis fan, but guess I could get to like it!

So what are the chances of getting these tickets do you think, is this really a once in a life time opportunity?!

As you may know you are not meant to offer for sale the ballot tickets, so should I just go and have it as a bucket list tick (not that it was on the list), or, well not sure really…
    It's definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity as I know people who qualify for tickets every year and have never got final tickets

Oh and if you don't want them can I have first dips on them...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101
      Some cynical people may even see this as a disguised attempt to off load at least one of the tickets.

Did not realise that these tickets cost so much, face value is £190.

I thought Coldplay was expensive at £65 recently, and you got something to put on your wrist to wave around!!
      And I bet there's a better than average chance that Cliff Richards won't storm the stage of a coldplay gig to rattle out 'Summer Holiday'.

Comment

Friends of mine go most years and seem to randomly get good seats for good matches. I guess it depends on whether you specifically want the final or are happy to watch any of the matches as to whether it's a true "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

Comment

Working...
        X