• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Absolutely this.

If I were a Scot, I'd want to see what the post-Brexit UK looked like before I voted on leaving or not.
    But you're not, so fuck off.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      The SNP are playing a clever game and leading May into a Catalonia style trap.

How did that trap work out for Catalonia? Or are they still a part of Spain?

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      What if the Scottish government goes ahead and organises its own referendum in defiance of Westminster and the constitutional position? How does May respond?
      She lets them go ahead with it and then guffaws when the majority choose to vote the way they did less than 3 years ago.

There really is very little appetite for another Indy Ref, Sturgeon knows it and so does everyone else. Let her call one at her peril and put the thing to rest for decades.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        But you're not, so fuck off.
        And I'm glad I'm not. I hope you leave and your country turns into a bigger mess than it's already in. In fact, there's no need to hope, Sturgeon will stitch you all up completely. She only cares about her Braveheart moment. Good luck figuring out where all the money's gone.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

And I'm glad I'm not. I hope you leave and your country turns into a bigger mess than it's already in. In fact, there's no need to hope, Sturgeon will stitch you all up completely. She only cares about her Braveheart moment. Good luck figuring out where all the money's gone.
          You sound like an 8 year old child who's just lost an election for class president.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

She lets them go ahead with it and then guffaws when the majority choose to vote the way they did less than 3 years ago.

There really is very little appetite for another Indy Ref, Sturgeon knows it and so does everyone else. Let her call one at her peril and put the thing to rest for decades.
            Serious question, although I already know it won't get a serious answer. Since the last indyref, there have been 2 elections. One GE and one Scottish parliamentary one. What do you see in the results of those elections that tells you that there is no support for a referendum ?

Comment

What do you see in the results of those elections that tells you that there is no support for a referendum ?
              SNP loses overall majority in Scottish Parliament | The Independent

Poll: Support for Indyref2 slips amid Brexit wrangling - The Scotsman

Coupled with the fact that the economic conditions and oil price are a lot less robust looking than they were last time round.

And on top of that, the major thing that swung it "Better Together's" way last time was the uncertainty. That uncertainty has now gone into overdrive.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Serious question, although I already know it won't get a serious answer. Since the last indyref, there have been 2 elections. One GE and one Scottish parliamentary one. What do you see in the results of those elections that tells you that there is no support for a referendum ?
                I guess we'll find out. I was watching the vote live and the Beeb's analysis suggested the government wanted to push Indyref2 until after the 2021 MSP elections (and so after the 2020 GE too). If there's no support for independence then it'll be clear.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

And on top of that, the major thing that swung it "Better Together's" way last time was the uncertainty. That uncertainty has now gone into overdrive.
                  Erm...

The uncertainty of leaving. Now the uncertainty is guaranteed, so there's nothing to lose.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Absolutely this.

If I were a Scot, I'd want to see what the post-Brexit UK looked like before I voted on leaving or not.
                    You just don't get it. I am a Scot. I know what my family will get in a post-Brexit UK, a full on Tory shafting.

People in Scotland already know what they'll get is they remain in the EU. That's why they voted to remain 60% plus.

It's a no brainer.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

They still part of Spain because they are important to Spain economy and they are not let them go.

Comment

Working...
                      X