• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and working and living short term UP NORTH

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sums up a few things:
    NSFW

https://youtu.be/j9tWpR5HZnQ
    Last edited by Scruff; 10 March 2017, 12:08.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Remember, this applies to people up there too...

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Oh well, guess it's gonna stay in the prof forums then.
        We should make this a sticky for other contractors considering similar moves in these dark days. It would be good to get some info together on local customs etc., e.g.

When in a Wigan fish and chip establishment, if the lady serving you asks, 'Do you want a bit of wet on that luv?', don't panic. Consult your urbandictionary: Urban Dictionary: Pea Wet then look delighted at the thought of such a treat, and say 'Oooooh, a bit of wet?!! Luvly!!'

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
          The market must be bad if the Southerners are contemplating travelling past Watford Gap. I've seen a few roles advertising up to £150 a day recently though so perhaps the big money is tempting them.
          I saw one in London the other day, database dev, tier one blah blah. £225 a day. There are chancers north and south.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
            I saw one in London the other day, database dev, tier one blah blah. £225 a day. There are chancers north and south.
            Another possibility is that recruiters are also trying to grab a bigger cut of the rate because they're short on roles. I wouldn't put it past them where they aren't on a fixed percentage or margin.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Oh well, guess it's gonna stay in the prof forums then.
              Maybe simply take a break? You are not contributing at all recently, just playing smartass forum oldtimer

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                Maybe simply take a break? You are not contributing at all recently, just playing smartass forum oldtimer
                The irony...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The irony...
                  exactly my point.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    We should make this a sticky for other contractors considering similar moves in these dark days. It would be good to get some info together on local customs etc., e.g.

When in a Wigan fish and chip establishment, if the lady serving you asks, 'Do you want a bit of wet on that luv?', don't panic. Consult your urbandictionary: Urban Dictionary: Pea Wet then look delighted at the thought of such a treat, and say 'Oooooh, a bit of wet?!! Luvly!!'
                    Don't forget the scraps as well.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      It's fairly hard to explain if you've not been up here before. Have you ever been to Slough or Swindon?
                      Slough and Swindon are "special places" on the M4 and can't be compare to Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds etc.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X