• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And your mobile phone bill is going to be more when you go abroad: Chancellor slaps extra 20 per cent tax on using your mobile phone abroad | The Independent

Presumably this will mean:

(a) more people in the Daily Mail complaining that they didn't realise that downloading the latest dross has given them a humongous bill
    (b) less chavvy selfies of girlies pouting at their phone whilst pissed in Benidorm
    Unless you are with 3

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Most of us have evolved from Blackpool, Clacton and Southend.

You're suggesting the equivalent of going to Los Angeles and staying in South Central.
      Probably a step from where you live though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crap_Towns
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Have you ever been asked to give after-dinner talks about how you maintain such a positive view on things?
        I'd take that sort of criticism from most peeps, but coming from you - that's a bit bloody rich, wouldn't you say?
        The message I got from today (and taken in line with what's happening in the PS) is that HMG do not want private contractors to exist, we must be on the payroll and be taxed at source, and should we persist with our ridiculous notion of not being on the payroll, they will do anything in their power to make our lives as miserable as possible.
        I might be persuaded to do after-dinner talks, but it's strictly cash only, brown envelope optional.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

f it helps I'm not paying any more tax after today. But I'll still continue to enjoy the services of the UK every time I return.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You've never wanted to discuss it before, always happy to accept.
            Really? You weren't so keen last time...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I can see a multiple Phoenix to ltd companies coming. Note this won't work if you have any assets in the ltd co, but works quite nicely in a sort of kinda a way, and legal too. I'd be cheeky enough to name them Phoenix1, Phoenix2 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                f it helps I'm not paying any more tax after today. But I'll still continue to enjoy the services of the UK every time I return.
                Will you be staying at the Heathrow Thistle again?

Comment

if it keeps you mentally stable, its a win for all of us
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Why would you want to return from Germany given that it's such a utopia as you like to make out all the time
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                      Why would you want to return from Germany given that it's such a utopia as you like to make out all the time
                      He's fed up of standing out as a thickie over there.

Comment

Working...
                      X