• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi pay your round before you feck off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    You still tried to break the contract, in the first instance, by getting your tenant to "technically" move out and you got caught.

The fact that you won the resulting legal battle is completely irrelevant.

As I have said to you before, I have never stated which way I voted in the referendum on here.
    The rule of law matters not. You heard it here first.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The rule of law matters not. You heard it here first.
      Precisely, as you ably demonstrated when you went to break that contract
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        To someone with a cup in hand? With the support of 27 seven countries? Anything they want would be my guess.
        you hope! assuming Greece & the Accession countries don't wreck the EU first.

Maybe we will manage to trade with more enlightened countries who don't use prejudice to decide trading agreements.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          Oh really? Well you know nothing about me.

Am I easily led? Not sure. I run my own small company and employ a couple of staff. Not sure who leads me. My customers probably.

Am I a typical low level IT worker? Not sure. I quit contracting 3 years ago because I had reached the stage where I was earning more from my product sales than a contract. I have created several products and developed a SAAS offering. Last year I sold my software into approximately 40 different countries. Before BREXIT I only employed a single person but because I charge for my product in dollars and pay the staff in sterling I've been able to expand.

Have I shown myself to be a pedantic "Jobs Worth"? Mmmmm. Let's think about that one. No I have not. You cannot conclude anything about my attitude to work from my post. But I do work hard and if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

What I did show, and what most people "got", was that you cannot liken paying an exit fee for "BREXIT" to buying a round of drinks. In a similar way as you cannot portray it as a divorce. The whole post was tongue-in-cheek. Again most people who read it would have understood that.

As to the UK reneging on its commitments I am fairly sure that the UK will not. It is not something the UK does on a regular basis.

I expect the "Exit Fee" to be hotly negotiated. There will be things contained within it that it is only right that the UK pays towards. That's not really a contentious issue. There will be items where the EU tries it on.

I think your personal attack on me shows that you are just another bitter toss-pot, who is only concerned about his own personal situation and hasn't given any thought as to why "Leave" won. Wants to brush every "Leaver" as either ignorant, stupid or racist or preferably all three. I fall into none of those categories.
          I like the cut of your jib.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            Oh really? Well you know nothing about me.

Am I easily led? Not sure. I run my own small company and employ a couple of staff. Not sure who leads me. My customers probably.

Am I a typical low level IT worker? Not sure. I quit contracting 3 years ago because I had reached the stage where I was earning more from my product sales than a contract. I have created several products and developed a SAAS offering. Last year I sold my software into approximately 40 different countries. Before BREXIT I only employed a single person but because I charge for my product in dollars and pay the staff in sterling I've been able to expand.

Have I shown myself to be a pedantic "Jobs Worth"? Mmmmm. Let's think about that one. No I have not. You cannot conclude anything about my attitude to work from my post. But I do work hard and if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

What I did show, and what most people "got", was that you cannot liken paying an exit fee for "BREXIT" to buying a round of drinks. In a similar way as you cannot portray it as a divorce. The whole post was tongue-in-cheek. Again most people who read it would have understood that.

As to the UK reneging on its commitments I am fairly sure that the UK will not. It is not something the UK does on a regular basis.

I expect the "Exit Fee" to be hotly negotiated. There will be things contained within it that it is only right that the UK pays towards. That's not really a contentious issue. There will be items where the EU tries it on.

I think your personal attack on me shows that you are just another bitter toss-pot, who is only concerned about his own personal situation and hasn't given any thought as to why "Leave" won. Wants to brush every "Leaver" as either ignorant, stupid or racist or preferably all three. I fall into none of those categories.
            Aaah. So you are the SAAS guy who's in 40 countries. You wrote a lucky number generator page and users pay you for a random lucky number via PayPal. You pumped it real hard and finally it has been used from 40 countries at a net profit of ... Wait for it... Wait for it...2 quid! It took you an hour to build and that my friend, was your finest hour! You real tough SAAS guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              Aaah. So you are the SAAS guy who's in 40 countries. You wrote a lucky number generator page and users pay you for a random lucky number via PayPal. You pumped it real hard and finally it has been used from 40 countries at a net profit of ... Wait for it... Wait for it...2 quid! It took you an hour to build and that my friend, was your finest hour! You real tough SAAS guy.
              Now you are just coming across as a complete fool. Stop it before you make an even bigger tit of yourself.

Comment

Whether the UK owes money or not will be decided by the European Court of Justice.

Just wanted to point that out.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Whether the UK owes money or not will be decided by the European Court of Justice.

well that does have more logic than the EU Army invading us, Not really been successful since 1066.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't think so. May just orders one of the trident subs to park off Europe, hopefully a bit away from us. Then she calls up Merkel and says "you want me to press the nuke button, cause it's anyone's guess where this thing is going to hit". Don't like it up em and we might even get a refund for having to take time to teach em a lesson.

Comment

We want our sovereignty back!

Only British judges should rule on British laws except if the judges rule that parliament has to pass an Act on Article 50 or anything else we don't like as then we will look at the background of the judges and insult them for being gay, ex-Olympic competitors, having business interests etc etc.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X