• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metallica View Post
    I know sometimes managers tend to be difficult but I am facing a situation where the manager is taking things a little too personally and deliberately making things difficult for me.

Thoughts? How to approach?
    Relax....have a coffee....

Comment

... <Please dont make assumptions >...
      such naivety!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Talking of bullying contractors, where is MF?
        Selling his skills to the highest bidder....

Comment

Have you ever seen a grown man naked ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Based upon limited information provided by the OP, get yourself another contract as life is too short to try and change other people. Ditto too short to spend time working with someone you don't get on with if they get under your skin.

Had something similar, figured it wasn't going to be a good working relationship after less than three weeks - the "git" made me work a month's notice before I could get out of there (even asked if I'd stay - lol).

A caustic work relationship can mess you up - best to move on sharpish.

Comment

I feel bad for my answer but is it just me who simply couldn't care less? one of the perks of becoming a contractor is my day rate and I almost look at that as a golden nugget that makes me immune to office politics. I'm very capable of working with very difficult people and it won't bother me at all... if anything difficult people get red faced when they serve hostility and realise I truly am immune to being rubbed up the wrong way.

Just crack on with the deliverables and once you shut down your laptop at 5:00, realise that's another day you can invoice

Comment

Originally posted by JIDEARE View Post
                I feel bad for my answer but is it just me who simply couldn't care less? one of the perks of becoming a contractor is my day rate and I almost look at that as a golden nugget that makes me immune to office politics. I'm very capable of working with very difficult people and it won't bother me at all... if anything difficult people get red faced when they serve hostility and realise I truly am immune to being rubbed up the wrong way.

Just crack on with the deliverables and once you shut down your laptop at 5:00, realise that's another day you can invoice
                Most of us have got over it since February.

Comment

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

True, not really a friend - but he has known me way longer as I have worked for him in the past and he got me in again due to my previous work - that's in my favour.
                  The contractor lead - hes been on the project for twice the time than me and has kind of key man dependency on him right now - that's in his favour
                  Just get on with the work. You might find he warms to you when you prove you can deliver.
                  Not all bullying is about the bully sometimes it’s pressure to deliver that makes people more forceful.

Oh. I agree with the man up bit as well.
                  Lump it or leave. You’re a supplier and should sometimes expect a hard time. The fact that this guys a contractor is immaterial.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Most of us have got over it since February.
                    Not Lance though.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Not Lance though.
                      I failed to notice the thread necromancy.

On the plus side I posted whilst drunk without linking to a p0rn site in a pro forum.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X