• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Prime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've got a feeling that the £1 per item they give me back on stuff I don't need next-day might mean I'm about break-even on Prime subscription (if you order 3 things, order them one by one and get £3 credit).
    Didn't know they did that - might have another think about it.

Comment

You get the £1 as credit towards digital purchases only... Kindle, MP3, film downloads. For me that works out great, might not if you don't buy those things.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Also enjoyed Outlander.
        Same here though struggling with the second series a little.

Comment

I first got Prime one Saturday last year when a lightbulb blew on a Saturday, of a type not found in the usual shops such as B or Q, Screwfix, Tesco, etc - I could order a replacement on Saturday and it arrived on Sunday. Length of time in the dark minimised.

The initial month was free, and we kept it on, and I abused it in the run up to chrimbo for deliveries of pressies, the Mrs uses it for music, I watched the first few episodes of The Grand Tour before I got tiresome (Celebrity Braincrash, I mean.. WTF?)

The thing I havent yet found a use for is Prime Now - yes, there have been things I've wanted and an hour's deliver would have been nice, but I couldn't find enough stuff to make up the £20 minimum.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

The thing I havent yet found a use for is Prime Now - yes, there have been things I've wanted and an hour's deliver would have been nice, but I couldn't find enough stuff to make up the £20 minimum.
            This is my problem as well.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Can anyone think of a potential solution to Chuck's problem? Anyone?
              I'm not sure. Maybe, because its entirely optional, he can just choose to not sign-up?

I placed 201 orders with Amazon last year. Is that excessive or not? How many did the average CUKer place in 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                I'm not sure. Maybe, because its entirely optional, he can just choose to not sign-up?

I placed 201 orders with Amazon last year. Is that excessive or not? How many did the average CUKer place in 2016?
                Last year I behaved myself with 40. I've had an account since 2000 and the smallest number of orders I've placed in a year was 2.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Amazon is now my default whisky shop. It's generally cheaper than Tesco or on a par and it comes the next day. I feel slightly guilty that it's a very wasteful way of doing things but then maybe these days they deliver so many parcels it's actually not that inefficient?

All it would take is a big Royal Mail strike and I reckon Amazon would start up their own system.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Amazon is now my default whisky shop. It's generally cheaper than Tesco or on a par and it comes the next day. I feel slightly guilty that it's a very wasteful way of doing things but then maybe these days they deliver so many parcels it's actually not that inefficient?

All it would take is a big Royal Mail strike and I reckon Amazon would start up their own system.
                    I wonder how Amazon can be cheaper?

Amazon pays just £11.9m in tax on £5.3bn worth of UK sales | This is Money
                    John Lewis boss concerned 'Amazon tax problem' is creating an unfair fight - ITV News

I don't shop with Amazon.

Comment

It could be just a temporary situation but I'm finding more worth watching on Prime than on Netflix at the moment. Getting next day delivery to an Amazon locker near work is a bonus that it does give me a dilemma regarding my lack of support for local book shops.

Best of all, if you do not like you can just cancel it without any of the hassle you get from the cable companies.

Comment

Working...
                      X