• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Prime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You get Prime music and Prime Kindle lending library as well.

Also if you aren't a weirdo there are sufficient TV series and goods that aren't more expensive to buy.
    isnt kindle lending extra again?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Worth it for Vikings
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        isnt kindle lending extra again?
        With Prime you can borrow one book a month. The aim is to get you so into it you sign up for a full Kindle library membership.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Amazon is now my default whisky shop. It's generally cheaper than Tesco or on a par and it comes the next day. I feel slightly guilty that it's a very wasteful way of doing things but then maybe these days they deliver so many parcels it's actually not that inefficient?

All it would take is a big Royal Mail strike and I reckon Amazon would start up their own system.
          The guys that deliver to me on Sundays are not Royal Mail even now.

Comment

Thanks, some really interesting replies. I'm not really moaning about it; as some have said, I can always cancel if I don't want it.

I guess I'm still in the dark ages of seeing amazon mainly as a delivery service, not a television service. It just struck me that, despite paying up front for the service, when you actually access it, you have often to pay more. This is particularly galling on deliveries where Prime items are often more expensive than exactly the same thing but delivered a day later.

FWIW, if you can put aside amazon's tax position and the destruction of the High Street (yes, I know retailers can also sell online), I think they offer an absolutely incredible service. The "no questions asked" Returns service is superb.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Last year I behaved myself with 40. I've had an account since 2000 and the smallest number of orders I've placed in a year was 2.
              40! You're not even trying.

Just looked through my purchase history from 2000 onwards. I started off in the first 8 years or so making 2 or 3 purchases a year. Mainly books. From 2008 my purchases accelerated dramatically.

I think the main reasons are : I signed up to Prime, I think that had a huge impact on the number of orders. But also my kids ( I have 4 ) got to the age where they will buy stuff too.

Really must change my password ...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                40! You're not even trying.

Just looked through my purchase history from 2000 onwards. I started off in the first 8 years or so making 2 or 3 purchases a year. Mainly books. From 2008 my purchases accelerated dramatically.
                I buy from other online retailers as well, and do a lot of click and collect.

Like as Chuck moaned certain things are more expensive on Prime so sometimes if you search elsewhere you find it cheaper even if you have to in theory wait a little longer for delivery. While third party sellers aren't allowed to undercut their Amazon prices their P&P costs can be cheaper on other websites including their own.

Comment

I was on their chat trying to get a refund and they mistakenly thought I had the item a couple of years - it was only a few months old. But said as I was good customer they would do a refund. Pointed out they where wrong about the dates but good to know they would have still refunded the item cost.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I was on their chat trying to get a refund and they mistakenly thought I had the item a couple of years - it was only a few months old. But said as I was good customer they would do a refund. Pointed out they where wrong about the dates but good to know they would have still refunded the item cost.
                    I forgot about that.

When items go missing e.g. when their couriers decide to deliver the item elsewhere, they make sure you get another item or a refund.

Comment

has anyone used Prime Now?

I used it a few times when it first launched about a year ago in Bham, minimum spend of £20 but when you get home in the evening and find the cupboards or you're unexpectedly out of nappies or wipes, order on your phone and within 2 hours goods are delivered

Comment

Working...
                      X