• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Juncker tell them to count the votes only in French?

Comment

The reason the UK doesn't get many points is because the acts they send really are absolute cr*p. The last good act to come out of the UK was "Bucks Fizz".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The reason the UK doesn't get many points is because the acts they send really are absolute cr*p. The last good act to come out of the UK was "Bucks Fizz".

no, its nothing to do with us choosing talentless acts and writers who don't know how to write a Eurovision winner, it's all the fault of the EU. Everything is the EU's fault.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Did Juncker tell them to count the votes only in French?
          What the flying badger's butthole has Juncker got to do with it you incontinent milk bottle shagger?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

We need another Stephanie De Sykes.

ISTR she was in a two-piece outfit, the name of whome escapes me, that did a fantastic little number called Rockbottom for Eurovision '77.

They were part of a string of entries that saw us come in as bridesmaid for a number of years.

I also remeber that Black Lace, yes of Agadoo fame, were our chosen song for Europe around the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              We need another Stephanie De Sykes.

ISTR she was in a two-piece outfit, the name of whome escapes me, that did a fantastic little number called Rockbottom for Eurovision '77.

They were part of a string of entries that saw us come in as bridesmaid for a number of years.

I also remeber that Black Lace, yes of Agadoo fame, were our chosen song for Europe around the same time.
              Rockbottom was Lyndsey DePaul wasn't it? Wasn't Stephanie de Sykes's one 'born with a smile on my face'?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Rockbottom was Lyndsey DePaul wasn't it? Wasn't Stephanie de Sykes's one 'born with a smile on my face'?
                Ah yes, Lynsey De Paul and Mike Moran.

Confusingly, Stpehanie de Sykes also performed the theme to the "Golden Shot" which was written for her by Lynsey De Paul.

Comment

You forgot Katrina and the Waves with Love Shine a Light.

We should just send a Grime artist or whatever is popular with the young folk nowadays, then even if we don't win we look like we have made an effort....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Watching on iplayer so am a good hour behind. I remember the days when you didn't have two semi finals to weed out the really bad ones before having to sit through the marginally bad ones performing again on Saturday.

Comment

Fair point, well made, although I'd dispute a point of detail. Bucks Fecking Fizz?! That's like describing Team Juncker media ops as "seamless".

Comment

Working...
                      X