• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining a Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its not a club its a cartel.
    So you want to oppose legal cartel rather than join it?

Comment

It's a club we joined early in its life, not right at the start but early in its life. We have shaped the design of it and helped it grow. We want to leave the club. There is no retired member status or honouree member Status. We are told that if we leave our years of contributions mean nothing. We will be treated like a non member, and no favours will be extended.

So clearly no one in the club likes us, or wants us to buy any rounds of drinks anymore. They don't like our jokes and stories, they hate our choice of music on the juke box, and don't want our phone number to stay in touch when we leave.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        It's a club we joined early in its life, not right at the start but early in its life. We have shaped the design of it and helped it grow. We want to leave the club. There is no retired member status or honouree member Status. We are told that if we leave our years of contributions mean nothing. We will be treated like a non member, and no favours will be extended.

So clearly no one in the club likes us, or wants us to buy any rounds of drinks anymore. They don't like our jokes and stories, they hate our choice of music on the juke box, and don't want our phone number to stay in touch when we leave.
        Stop.

You are breaking my heart.

Comment

?????
          U at the same club as Shaunbhoy or?.....
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Imagine you are contemplating joining a Club (of any sort really).

You unearth beforehand that, if you subsequently opt to Leave that Club, they would do their best to punish you.

How many people here would still go ahead and join that Club?

A simple YES, I would still join up, or a NO, I would tell them where to stick their Membership will do.
            Seeing as you failed to understand my previous answer, even though there were pictures.

There is no simple YES. There is no simple NO. It depends on the nature of the club and the nature of the benefits.

Here is a question for you:
            Imagine you joined a club (of any sort really) over 30 years ago, and for various reasons (there are some very real issues with it) are contemplating leaving it, and then you realise that if you do, not only do you lose all the benefits of being in that club, but the remaining members of the club would do their best to punish you.

How many people here would still go ahead and leave that Club?

A simple YES, I would leave regardless and damn the torpedoes, or a NO, I would use my great power and influence to drive reform from within.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So, a snowflake wants to leave a club, but maintain many of the benefits of being in it, and is now blaming the club for them saying "no, you can't have those benefits any more".
              Poor ickle snowflake.
              You can't blame the club. Part of choosing to leave it is about accepting responsibility for your actions and the repercussions of those actions.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Seeing as you failed to understand my previous answer, even though there were pictures.

There is no simple YES. There is no simple NO. It depends on the nature of the club and the nature of the benefits.
                That's the point.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Here is a question for you:
                Imagine you joined a club (of any sort really) over 30 years ago, and for various reasons (there are some very real issues with it) are contemplating leaving it, and then you realise that if you do, not only do you lose all the benefits of being in that club, but the remaining members of the club would do their best to punish you.

How many people here would still go ahead and leave that Club?

A simple YES, I would leave regardless and damn the torpedoes, or a NO, I would use my great power and influence to drive reform from within.
                Absolutely correct, but this is difficult too. Imagine that you stay in the Club and you use your influence to reform and the rest of the members don't give a tulip about you. Would you stay?

Comment

We are told that if we leave our years of contributions mean nothing. We will be treated like a non member, and no favours will be extended.
                  So you thought all those payments for saving for some great pension day payout rather than for trade free access to the single market?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    So, a snowflake wants to leave a club, but maintain many of the benefits of being in it, and is now blaming the club for them saying "no, you can't have those benefits any more".
                    Poor ickle snowflake.
                    You can't blame the club. Part of choosing to leave it is about accepting responsibility for your actions and the repercussions of those actions.
                    You fu<king dense tw@.

How about we want to leave the club but we will still remain friends with many of the members and have our own events and relationships as we see fit.

But the club says no you cannot be friends with anyone still in the club.

Have you ever watched spoiled children playing?

Ignorant tit

Comment

Joining a Club

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      So you thought all those payments for saving for some great pension day payout rather than for trade free access to the single market?
                      "There must be a threat, there must be a risk, there must be a price, otherwise we will be in negotiations that will not end well and, inevitably, will have economic and human consequences,” the French president said.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...?client=safari

Canadians get fair access without all the bull tulip. I would like favourable access given our shared history. That doesn't seem too much to ask.

I would even have a half membership as long as when I go play a game my buggy isn't full of other new members who got in for free and want to play with me on my round.
                      Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 22 January 2017, 10:22.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X