• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change in Economic model

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    This is my plan B. Having contracted there successfully recently, made some good contacts and am in demand. Pay about double Uk rate, although correspondingly more expensive.
    Give us ten minutes and I'll come round, help you pack & take you to the airport.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Give us ten minutes and I'll come round, help you pack & take you to the airport.
      Are you going to lend us your Concorde room pass?

Comment

This is going down as the most miserable thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Not officially, it won't

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Not officially, it won't
            I don't you need to validate me, sexist pig.

Comment

The snowflakes on CUK are tulipting themselves.

Loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                May is a vicars daughter. She believes in paying for your choices

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Possibly one of the funniest. Several of the Remnant idiots on one thread, all so taken aback that the UK isn't bending over and taking its EU punishment as it should. How dare we.

And ATW, the expert on democracy stating there is no mandate for this.

And to cap it all, Trump is now saying we should have a trade deal within weeks of us leaving. It's no wonder the EU is already starting to backtrack on the "no access to the single market without EU control" approach.

Thanks guys, you've really brightened my Sunday evening with your comedy genius.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    Possibly one of the funniest. Several of the Remnant idiots on one thread, all so taken aback that the UK isn't bending over and taking its EU punishment as it should. How dare we.

And ATW, the expert on democracy stating there is no mandate for this.

And to cap it all, Trump is now saying we should have a trade deal within weeks of us leaving. It's no wonder the EU is already starting to backtrack on the "no access to the single market without EU control" approach.

Thanks guys, you've really brightened my Sunday evening with your comedy genius.
                    Have you read the level of detail Hammond goes in to in the interview? "I personally hope we will be able to remain in the mainstream of European economic and social thinking. But if we are forced to be something different, then we will have to become something different… we could be forced to change our economic model and we will have to change our model to regain competitiveness. And you can be sure we will do whatever we have to do. The British people are not going to lie down and say, too bad, we’ve been wounded. We will change our model, and we will come back, and we will be competitively engaged."

That's it. That's literally all he has as an alternative plan: "We will change our model." No details whatsoever. Not one.

If you think that's going to get us anywhere, I have a bridge you might like to buy.

P.S. What Trump says is irrelevant. He will say the opposite tomorrow if he thinks that will make him look better at that moment, by his own personal definition of "better". He certainly doesn't enter into any commitment to any kind of action by saying something. You might as well pin your economic hopes on a toddler's crayon drawing of a million pound note .

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      You might as well pin your economic hopes on a toddler's crayon drawing of a million pound note .
                      John McDonnell has cornered that particular market.

Comment

Working...
                      X