• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something Interesting from Trumps Speech last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Interesting from Trumps Speech last night

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    ... The only way to change the EU is to get inside into bed with them and influence, influence rather than negotiation.
    So many women attracted to the 'bad boy' thinking they can 'change' them.

https://youtu.be/5WgUktfdDy4
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

... here's the thing ...
      Milan, you're going native, although I'm not sure with what tribe. No normal British person says "Here's the thing"
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

when in Rome

here's the scoop

here's the deal

here's the thing

or Tony Blair style, "listen, it's like this"...

Milan.

Comment

you're right about the status quo for non-baby boomers if something isn't done , and I have never seen a politician, political leader be so upfront in their intentions to take on the inequality question

Milan.

Erm, hello! Look closer to home and you will find that Corbyn has been a champion of the rising inequality for a long time. In fact among all the current crop of political leaders, only Corbyn has the drive and passion to make a difference. Once he comes to power, we should see a much better social fabric in UK where the rich and powerful no longer control the purse strings.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Erm, hello! Look closer to home and you will find that Corbyn has been a champion of the rising inequality for a long time. In fact among all the current crop of political leaders, only Corbyn has the drive and passion to make a difference. Once he comes to power, we should see a much better social fabric in UK where the rich and powerful no longer control the purse strings.
            blimey I nearly spilt my tea when I read that.

oh dear, please, may I have a wall to bang my head against

um, how to say this politely, I am not talking inequality Corbyn style, and solving it Corbyn style by strikes and militant action which actually destroys industry and forces companies to move elsewhere, I am talking about Trump style, and using carrots and sticks to make companies bring production to the soil where they are selling their products

umm, please, no more mentions of Corbyn, this is a serious discussion

Milan.

Comment

There isn't much point listening to what Trump says, as the next day he'll say the complete opposite if he thinks it'll make him look better.

The weird thing is that he clearly doesn't even know he's lying, and as far as he's concerned, he isn't. Like all people with narcissistic personality disorder, reality for him actually is whatever makes him look best right at that moment. Facts or consistency don't even come second, they just don't exist for him. He's literally incapable of being aware of them.

So there's no sense in listening to what he says and trying to perform some kind of analysis of what it reveals about his policies. His only policy is "Everybody, look at me!"

Comment

yes I tend to agree, but if he can get the big companies to bring jobs to where their revenue streams are then I am for it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                  has there ever been a figure political or social who with 140 characters can make the stock price of some of the worlds biggest companies jump 1-5% up or down?

that's some serious leverage when negotiating

we live in interesting times
                  That's the power of Twitter, not of Trump. If Obama had been so irresponsible as to tweet random garbage about companies, it would have had exactly the same effect. Probably even more of an effect, as people would have assumed he meant what he said, whereas the smart money knows Trump is just blustering and will have forgotten all about it and moved on to something else within twenty-four hours.

Comment

blimey I nearly spilt my tea when I read that.

oh dear, please, may I have a wall to bang my head against

um, how to say this politely, I am not talking inequality Corbyn style, and solving it Corbyn style by strikes and militant action which actually destroys industry and forces companies to move elsewhere, I am talking about Trump style, and using carrots and sticks to make companies bring production to the soil where they are selling their products

umm, please, no more mentions of Corbyn, this is a serious discussion

Milan.
                    Inequality is defined as the massive gap between rich and poor, not sure why you are labelling it as Corbyn style. Its not something politicians define. The question is, do you trust a Pm who wears a £1K shoe to actually care about this ? The minted Tories will never fix it and their wealthy voters will keep voting them in since it suits them very much.

Now that Corbyn has taken this up seriously, I expect all Labour voters turning up at the next elections and delivering a landslide win. Tories will be decimated and in fact will probably be coming in last even after Lib Dems.

The first thing Corbyn should and will do is to implement the minimum income policy and set it at 25K. Every citizen, employed or unemployed should get 25K in his bank. That should go a long way to promote some social mobility as well.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Inequality is defined as the massive gap between rich and poor, not sure why you are labelling it as Corbyn style. Its not something politicians define. The question is, do you trust a Pm who wears a £1K shoe to actually care about this ? The minted Tories will never fix it and their wealthy voters will keep voting them in since it suits them very much.

Now that Corbyn has taken this up seriously, I expect all Labour voters turning up at the next elections and delivering a landslide win. Tories will be decimated and in fact will probably be coming in last even after Lib Dems.

The first thing Corbyn should and will do is to implement the minimum income policy and set it at 25K. Every citizen, employed or unemployed should get 25K in his bank. That should go a long way to promote some social mobility as well
                      I suggest you have a strong conversation with your medical team with regards to changing your meds.

Corbyn is an unelectable non-entity in this country.

HTH.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X