• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something Interesting from Trumps Speech last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    The EU is a plutocracy hostage to big corporates. What you are asking is for EU chain smokers to get the tobacco companies to stop making cigarettes. Never ever going to happen.

The EU is not fit for purpose. We tried changing it from the inside. It's not possible.
    Thats weird: European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - 10 key changes for tobacco products sold in the EU

Menthol cigarettes banned by EU under stringent new tobacco laws | The Independent

But lucky for Brexit: Menthol cigarettes ban 'could be ditched after Brexit' | The Independent
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

But I believe we will gain huge global respect for our integrity.

You think the rest of the EU are going to watch us liberate from our shackles and not want a slice?

You are good.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Something Interesting from Trumps Speech last night

Christ you drank the whole jug of Cool Aid didn't you!
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

has there ever been a figure political or social who with 140 characters can make the stock price of some of the worlds biggest companies jump 1-5% up or down?

that's some serious leverage when negotiating

we live in interesting times

Comment

Back to the 1970's when industry sang to the tune of government.

The Austin Princess sticks out in my mind as one of the big successes of the Government run car industry. I quite liked that car, when it started.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Back to the 1970's when industry sang to the tune of government.

The Austin Princess sticks out in my mind as one of the big successes of the Government run car industry. I quite liked that car, when it started.

Starting was never a problem with the Princess. Bursting hydro elastic suspension units was their problem, along with paint that was a micron thick and steel with rust built in from new
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I think he'll be shot before the year is out.
                The security for the 20th must be insane.

Historically, how many presidents from each party have been assassinated or attempted?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The EU is a plutocracy hostage to big corporates. What you are asking is for EU chain smokers to get the tobacco companies to stop making cigarettes. Never ever going to happen.

The EU is not fit for purpose. We tried changing it from the inside. It's not possible.
                  we "Britain" did not try changing it from the inside, we stood on the outside and call them names and threw stones at them, the only way to change the EU is to get inside into bed with them and influence, influence rather than negotiation

Anyway, back to the main point of the thread, if Trump succeeds with squeezing the big corps the movement could spread around the world

Milan.

Comment

So I would rather be in a smaller club, playing with a straight bat; than in a totally dodgy league. We can set an example for others to follow. You'd argue that we will get eaten for breakfast. But I believe we will gain huge global respect for our integrity.

You think the rest of the EU are going to watch us liberate from our shackles and not want a slice?[/QUOTE]

lol that's the funniest post I've read all day

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      The security for the 20th must be insane.

Historically, how many presidents from each party have been assassinated or attempted?
                      at least 3 assassinated

attempts on 5/6 I think Reagan being the most recent (brilliant conspiracy theory around the Bush's in that one)

Comment

Working...
                      X