• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Corbyn suggests maximum earnings limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Steptoe's extra problem, probably his worse and a fatal shortcoming if he but knew it, is that traditional Labour voters are those most adversely affected by excessive immigration, and he just can't bring himself to criticize it or advocate any curbs.
    Yes. His latest Baldrickesque view is that if we can somehow take action to put "an end to foreign workers being exploited in the UK under EU employment rules", then this would "probably cut numbers".
    So if we prevent them being exploited, they will decide not to come. Eh???
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think its a fantastic idea and potentially a game changer. This is exactly what is needed for this country and exactly what the masses want. Its not an election gimmick and in fact represents the fact that only Corbyn is aligned with the general population.

I can't wait for the next elections and for Corbyn to be PM, its going to be a sweet revolution. Exciting times ahead.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        I think its a fantastic idea and potentially a game changer. This is exactly what is needed for this country and exactly what the masses want. Its not an election gimmick and in fact represents the fact that only Corbyn is aligned with the general population.

I can't wait for the next elections and for Corbyn to be PM, its going to be a sweet revolution. Exciting times ahead.
        AYCOTBAC?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Keep taking the tablets ducky .
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

He'd be better off advocating a minimum earnings limit, like those trials going on in Finland for a basic income that everyone gets. I think it starts with being paid to the unemployed but won't be stopped if they get a job. It's a nice idea, I'm interested in seeing how it works in practise. I suspect it has to be high enough to stop people dying of starvation but low enough that you need to work in order to top it up and achieve a desirable level of comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Keep taking the tablets ducky .
              he's taking the piss instead
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                The problem for Corbyn is that, whilst he appeals very strongly to many traditional labour voters, his appeal will never grow outside of that demographic to the point where he will have any chance of being elected PM.
                The country is probably crying out for some viable opposition to the status quo, but too many of the electorate are so disillusioned with spin and broken promises to trust any of them.
                As the saying goes, we get the government we deserve.
                I don't believe the country is crying out for opposition. Not in the traditional sense. Those days are over. It's clear two main parties have failed the electorate time and time again. The Tories know it.

The country made more progress when we had a coalition. Labour will not return to power without the Scots. The best chance the have is a labour / SNP coalition.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  he's taking the piss instead
                  He's called fullyautomix, not dialysis
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That won't work but...

A fixed cap won't work but we should consider a relative cap. Can't find the news story today, but basically CEO pay has risen from 47 times average earnings to 130 times within 20 years. There is little to no evidence to suggest that they are worth their inflated salaries in most cases and a fair bit to suggest that profit related bonuses leads some of them to boost profits at the expense of actual value during their terms.

There is a significant disparity in wealth between the rich and poor, and that's getting bigger.
                    It's in everyone's interest to keep the economy going and if you have only enough to pay for the very basics, you'll struggle to do that. The guys with money offshore and in the bank aren't helping with that either.

I'd look at fixed ratios within a company or group of companies so CEO's can't get paid more than let's say 100 times the minimum salary in the organisation. Full benefits package, not just salary.
                    Companies need to find a better distribution of profits between top employees, other employees, shareholders and customer incentives.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      He'd be better off advocating a minimum earnings limit, like those trials going on in Finland for a basic income that everyone gets. I think it starts with being paid to the unemployed but won't be stopped if they get a job. It's a nice idea, I'm interested in seeing how it works in practise. I suspect it has to be high enough to stop people dying of starvation but low enough that you need to work in order to top it up and achieve a desirable level of comfort.
                      I agree with that and Corbyn is the only politician who can drive this. We need to ensure everybody in the country has a minimum income coming in and it should be revised with inflation. This should be funded by increased taxation. The taxation levels are a disgrace at the moment.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X