• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you could work anywhere...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Mods can you change the subject of this thread to "If you could work anywhere in SW England..."

... within a few miles of Lands End.

God, it's remote down there. Even if you live in North Devon, it's a good two hour drive to get to Newquay or Truro.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Essex cos you can live near the sea, in the country side, in a crap town, in a less crap town, get to an airport quickly, dye yourself orange and everyone will think it's normal....
      Mmmmmm Not a high bar you set there - A town less crap than Braintree, Clacton, Southend, Chelmsford or Basildon.... I think Saffron Walden just about qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

... within a few miles of Lands End.

God, it's remote down there. Even if you live in North Devon, it's a good two hour drive to get to Newquay or Truro.
        Very true. Durham<->Penzance is a 9 hour direct train (I used it as a student). From Durham you get to Bristol after something like 5 hours and it seems you're nearly there, but oh no there's 4 hours left. Then you get to Exeter and get a it excited but nope, still 2 hours. Even once you cross the sodding Tamar and are IN Cornwall it's something like 90 minutes to go... and that's where they close the buffet.

Even London is 5-6 hours by train. Take it from me... take the sleeper train if you are anywhere near the main line!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would work on in a hermit cave if i could.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I would work on in a hermit cave if i could.
            Now that sounds good....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Now that sounds good....

you are quick off the draw, I salute you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
                Thinking of doing one of these work from home jobbies where "home" could be anywhere in the world.
                Depends on your skill set, but for many projects where home work is viable it is equally so for people in Bangalore who can work for 10 rupees a day or something.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Depends on your skill set, but for many projects where home work is viable it is equally so for people in Bangalore who can work for 10 rupees a day or something.
                  Yeah but working on site they can find those guys for £100/day. You just have to sell yourself, or find a client who understands the value you provide.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd like to have one of these.
                    as an office / crashpad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      I'd like to have one of these.
                      as an office / crashpad.
                      wow thats fantastic, though worry about letting the dog out for a pee.

Comment

Working...
                      X