• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Xmas family Fallout thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no Christmas without my family and of course a table full of Christmas deserts, "Bacalhau com Broa", drinks, dry fruits and cigars...I spent all Saturday in the kitchen but it was a pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      There is no Christmas without my family and of course a table full of Christmas deserts, "Bacalhau com Broa", drinks, dry fruits and cigars...I spent all Saturday in the kitchen but it was a pleasure.
      You might be a bit dim, but at least you know your place.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        You might be a bit dim, but at least you know your place.
        You are a complete idiot, your family knows that but don't give a tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          You are a complete idiot, your family knows that but don't give a tulip.
          This is the family fallout thread, not the Gladiatorial one...✌🎅
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            This is the family fallout thread, not the Gladiatorial one...✌🎅
            That was a gladiatorial response? Looked more like primary school one to me.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That was a gladiatorial response? Looked more like primary school one to me.
              Is this better....?

Comment

I never really understood this whole family feud business.

My parents and the in laws don't really get on so we just don't invite them round at the same time.

Simples

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I never really understood this whole family feud business.

My parents and the in laws don't really get on so we just don't invite them round at the same time.

Simples
                  If only it were that simple.

I dislike my wife's brother and family and the feeling is returned with bells on but there are social occasions such as Christmas where relatives are going to get together.

Comment

It's all gone pretty well at chez IJNTTI. Our strategy is conflict avoidance. The step-daughters were as needy as ever. One managed to leave the fridge door open every night of her visit yet we didn't say a word because she'd have had a meltdown and (if history is anything to go by) accused us of bullying her and ruining Christmas. There were the usual dramas on the day they (reluctantly) left. But compared to the experiences of some on here, all went swimmingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X