• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk me out of a Porsche?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most sorted, and Face lifted (although I was always a fan of the 'buttresses'). Galvanised body, V12 was increased to 6.0l and better electrics. If you want rarity go for V12 Cabriolet, although good ones are getting hard to find. Another rarity is the 'Le Mans' 6.0l and gold plated trimming to celebrate the 1988 Le Mans win (not to be confused with the 'collectors favourite' the Celebration).

Comment

I've just been quoted 230 quid for wheel alignment from Porsche, that might put you off.

Funnily enough thinking tracking was a simple thing I booked it into Halfords for 30 quid online. Nice man from Halfords called me this morning to say actually they don't have the special equipment for a Porsche. Interestingly enough, not to be put off he said they would have still have a go if I was willing to risk it. That's British spirit, not to be put off by fancy German engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I've just been quoted 230 quid for wheel alignment from Porsche, that might put you off.
        Try over a grand to change the spark plugs on a Cayman.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Typical of you Cayman S show-offs going for the diamond encrusted spark plugs, its all bling and show with you lot.

Comment

Typical of you Cayman S show-offs going for the diamond encrusted spark plugs, its all bling and show with you lot.
            Well it's only £120 if you've got the non S but good luck trying to find a dealership that will have it sitting on their forecourt for more than 20 mins.

Comment

Well it's only £120 if you've got the non S but good luck trying to find a dealership that will have it sitting on their forecourt for more than 20 mins.
              Sigh, they do ask me to park round back.

Comment

Sigh, they do ask me to park round back.
                LOL

Comment

Ouch. On the GT86 it's an engine out job.

I have to admit that since turning 45 I have a much more positive opinion of Porsches. Must be the first sign of the getting fat / receding hairline / erectile dysfunction stage of life to come.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Ouch. On the GT86 it's an engine out job.

I have to admit that since turning 45 I have a much more positive opinion of Porsches. Must be the first sign of the getting fat / receding hairline / erectile dysfunction stage of life to come.
                    It is on a Cayman as well. Dunno about boxster and other models.

Lol @ the rest.

Comment

Sounds like a bargain to me!!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X