• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does the Tory government help the man in the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wish I was as economically clueless as he is
    You are. But you have the edge in that you are clueless across a whole range of other disciplines.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You are. But you have the edge in that you are clueless across a whole range of other disciplines.
      With GB9 on your side, you'll go far
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

With GB9 on your side, you'll go far
        Well wherever I might end up, I can confidently predict I will outdistance you, constrained as you are by your wifie's apron strings.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yup, it's happening already, but will get worse in the next year or so.
          Be interesting to see what happens when Brexiters find out they're going to be worse off permanently.
          They will blame the Bremainers as Enemies of the People for talking down the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Well wherever I might end up, I can confidently predict I will outdistance you, constrained as you are by your wifie's apron strings.
            You will only outdistance anyone if you're ending up at Gregg's.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              You will only outdistance anyone if you're ending up at Gregg's.
              If I do, you be sure and lend me your Loyalty card.

Comment

I suppose you can say a Tory government has helped the average man by saving them from a Labour government Like how kneecapping someone in a time of conscription saves them from the draft!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I suppose you can say a Tory government has helped the average man by saving them from a Labour government Like how kneecapping someone in a time of conscription saves them from the draft!
                  I don't know was Millipede as bad as Camoron?

One couldn't eat a bacon sandwich while the other one ran a referendum lost and ran for the hills.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I don't know was Millipede as bad as Camoron?

One couldn't eat a bacon sandwich while the other one ran a referendum lost and ran for the hills.
                    Millipede would have been better, sad but true.

He'd get 50% tax back, but that would still be less than dividend hike by fooking Cons.

Comment

A good read

Originally posted by vetran View Post

so we need about 4.34 million houses to house the new population.
                      Not necessarily, we have enough 'rooms' for three times our population in theory but the distribution of these is skewed to the very richest (manor houses and all that). Of course that doesn't work in practise because a spare room is always a good thing.

If you are really into this read Inequality and the 1% by Danny Dorling, he's a professor at Oxford Uni and actually a nice guy (I've met him, at a lecture). He's studied in detail things such as housing and wealth distribution. I think the ratio is 1/3 rooms occupied from the lecture two years ago, I doubt that's gone to 1/1 in just two years.

That's specifically on housing, the rest of his book is a good enough read I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X