• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B$&**% Thieves -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
    I misspoke there. I meant that I reckon they don't have £59 deals exactly 12mo apart to prevent you easily keeping on the discount gravy-train.
    Their terms and conditions are such that you can't keep signing up for the £59 a year deal. However I don't believe they exclude others in your household for doing so.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
      I can't wait for the day when same-day deliveries are available in my area - I know Amazon are trialing this in some big cities (not sure about the UK but certainly in the US) and that really will be the end of me buying something in a shop, unless I physically can't get it off Amazon or I *need* to see/try it first.
      It's in for London, or at least parts of it and it's great.

People seem to think that the £79/year for Prime is for the streaming video only or even worse - paywall for the Grand Tour, which is wrong. The primary purpose of the sub is free next day delivery on large portion of the items sold in Amazon. The free streaming video and music, photo storage etc. are a bonus.

If you don't need the next day delivery you can pick no-rush delivery and get credit for Video, music or kindle book purchases.

You can also setup Amazon family with your Prime and get 20% off nappies and up to 20% on large number of everyday items if you subscribe for them. For me just this is paying off the Prime sub.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        It's in for London, or at least parts of it and it's great.

People seem to think that the £79/year for Prime is for the streaming video only or even worse - paywall for the Grand Tour, which is wrong. The primary purpose of the sub is free next day delivery on large portion of the items sold in Amazon. The free streaming video and music, photo storage etc. are a bonus.

If you don't need the next day delivery you can pick no-rush delivery and get credit for Video, music or kindle book purchases.

You can also setup Amazon family with your Prime and get 20% off nappies and up to 20% on large number of everyday items if you subscribe for them. For me just this is paying off the Prime sub.
        And stuff will still arrive next day rather than when they say -
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          And stuff will still arrive next day rather than when they say -
          but you get £1 credit.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I use Prime for general Amazon stuff and I'm very impressed, but I actually resorted to pirating the Grand Tour because their streaming service is certifiably wank.

HD via Android & Google ChromeCast: Nope
            HD via PC & Google ChromeCast: Nope
            HD via PC & HDMI: Nope
            HD on PC at all: Nope (I'm told all this is due to some DRM tulip and my GFX card. I don't give a **** - it's wank)
            Apple TV: Nope

I did eventually figure out that you can play it on iPad via Apple TV which worked sufficiently, but I can't say I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              I use Prime for general Amazon stuff and I'm very impressed, but I actually resorted to pirating the Grand Tour because their streaming service is certifiably wank.

HD on PC at all: Nope (I'm told all this is due to some DRM tulip and my GFX card. I don't give a **** - it's wank)

I did eventually figure out that you can play it on iPad via Apple TV which worked sufficiently, but I can't say I'm impressed.
              tried Fire stick or fire tv.

Comment

You might have this

Homeowner furious as van delivering Amazon Christmas present crashes into her garage | Daily Mail Online

You could have used the chimney! Homeowner furious as van delivering surprise Amazon Christmas present crashes into her garage
                Delivery van commissioned by Amazon collided with a garage in Bucklebury
                The vehicle ended up embedded in a family's garage in the Berkshire village
                Kirsty Adams is demanding an apology from the global giant over incident

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  tried Fire stick or fire tv.
                  No, because I don't have either of them and I'm loathe to buy them for just one thing. To be honest, that's a fib - I actually quite fancied one and did consider it, but then I got irritated and bitter at Amazons closed platform so now I'm going to download it instead

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

I use a pS4 to stream and it is fine.

And I have just noticed you can get music on prime........

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      I use a pS4 to stream and it is fine.

And I have just noticed you can get music on prime........
                      Yeah, that'd be a bit of hard sell to the Mrs though!

Comment

Working...
                      X