• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Associate EU membership on offer for every Brit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting idea actually.

It won't get any further than an article in the news, but if it did I would happily pay to remain a part of the EU. I would imagine many employers in London would add this it as a perk for employees.

If fact most under 35s would jump at the change to remain. It's only you old codgers that still believe the EU hasn't been beneficial

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
      Interesting idea actually.

It won't get any further than an article in the news, but if it did I would happily pay to remain a part of the EU. I would imagine many employers in London would add this it as a perk for employees.

If fact most under 35s would jump at the change to remain. It's only you old codgers that still believe the EU hasn't been beneficial
      If I had enhanced access to the EU for say £1K a year I would be stupid not to pay especially if I got the tax back I used to pay towards it. Its all the other stuff we don't want, I love Europe I just don't want to be beholden to it.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        If I had enhanced access to the EU for say £1K a year I would be stupid not to pay especially if I got the tax back I used to pay towards it. Its all the other stuff we don't want, I love Europe I just don't want to be beholden to it.
        In what way?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          You're unlikely to get it if the UK does not offer a similar deal to the EU nationals living in the UK. So far the EU speaks with the same voice. Mrs May has tried to put a wedge into the wall by inviting Polish PM for consultations, but she has achieved nothing. What she does not realise is that the old Europe is (for now) not interested in sacrificing Eastern Europe in order to save good relations with the UK. Mainly because the results of the EU referendum threaten every EU national alike, no matter which member state they come from. That's millions of people who have made the UK their home. The Brexiters have sacrificed the sense of everyday security of those people in order to win the votes of those who will not benefit from Brexit at all. Unless they will all get jobs with the Home Office issuing Certificates of Registration to several millions of EU nationals living in the UK. But I doubt it somehow.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
            You're unlikely to get it if the UK does not offer a similar deal to the EU nationals living in the UK. So far the EU speaks with the same voice. Mrs May has tried to put a wedge into the wall by inviting Polish PM for consultations, but she has achieved nothing. What she does not realise is that the old Europe is (for now) not interested in sacrificing Eastern Europe in order to save good relations with the UK. Mainly because the results of the EU referendum threaten every EU national alike, no matter which member state they come from. That's millions of people who have made the UK their home. The Brexiters have sacrificed the sense of everyday security of those people in order to win the votes of those who will not benefit from Brexit at all. Unless they will all get jobs with the Home Office issuing Certificates of Registration to several millions of EU nationals living in the UK. But I doubt it somehow.
            Elitist!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              ...for a small fee.
              The irksome thing about this is that several 'remaniacs' I know who were threatening to leave the UK for the Utopia known as Europe will now stay here. I was looking forward to bidding them good riddance

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Elitist!
                How so?

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  How so?
                  I'm just being rude for the sake of it.

Anyone who can see the advantages of the UK and individual UK citizens being in the EU or having close ties with it are apparently the elite. This includes those in unions who worked with other unions across Europe to ensure EU directives on equality and workers rights.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I'm just being rude for the sake of it.

Anyone who can see the advantages of the UK and individual UK citizens being in the EU or having close ties with it are apparently the elite. This includes those in unions who worked with other unions across Europe to ensure EU directives on equality and workers rights.
                    I see. In that case, I can live with being called an elitist. I've been called worse ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X