• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should diesels be banned?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they would switch to petrol? Or if they're looking nearly 10 years away does that suggest electric? Anyone know much about haulage...?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

NLYUK?

Comment

It's not a diesel car, its a portable UPS for my data centre
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So they would switch to petrol? Or if they're looking nearly 10 years away does that suggest electric? Anyone know much about haulage...?
          There is only a small difference in pollution levels; this can be resolved by modifying both petrol and diesel fuel however, the banning of petrol cars will be next.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Four major cities move to ban diesel vehicles by 2025 - BBC News

The mayors of Paris, Mexico City, Madrid and Athens say they are implementing the ban to improve air quality.

By 2025 Athens will be lucky to have anything other than bikes...
            Absolutely yes.

Comment

By 2025 Athens will be lucky to have anything other than bikes...
              By 2025 Athens will be lucky to exist if their money woes don't get better
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                It's not a diesel car, its a portable UPS for my data centre
                Presumably following this: https://www.wired.com/2016/12/amazon...ge-hard-drive/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm tempted to get a petrol even though I do 15k - 20k a year.

The new 328i and c250 look good.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Can't see how an HGV can use anything other than diesel, since even with a high torque diesel engine the damn things have 18 gears.

They'd need more with a petrol engine.

And a battery version would require charging every 15 feet.
                    BMW prototyped an all-electric 40 tonne truck. Alas, its range on a full charge was only 100km or something, so it is (was?) only used for internal BMW transport between two plants within the same city.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Nikola Motor claims it received over 7,000 pre-orders worth over $2.3 billion for its electric truck

The ‘Nikola One’ will be equipped with a massive 320 kWh battery pack and the company hopes that it will be able to travel up to 1,200 miles with the natural gas range extender.

Comment

Working...
                      X