• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Victim emerges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot to mention your favourite British tennis play Andy Murray also supported equality.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 30 November 2016, 20:07.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      If women Tennis players want to be treated as the equal of their male counterparts, then they ought to start playing best of 5 in their Grand Slam Tournaments.
      Women's sets tend to take longer surely as serve is less of a decider... they'd then be playing longer matches than men.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Women's sets tend to take longer surely as serve is less of a decider... they'd then be playing longer matches than men.
        Wimbledon Ladies finals are usually less than 90 minutes long. I've seen single sets in the men's last longer than that.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Here's a nice story about a lady who beat all the boys (including the SAS (the regiment, not the blowhard on CUK) possibly) in a race from north to south wales, going over all the pointy difficult bits.

http://www.berghausdragonsbackrace.c...-martin-stone/

Dunno how, maybe on extreme events like that the differences in physique cancel each other out?

Comment

You obviously have never watched much women's tennis. By comparison with the Men, their rallies are pitifully short and the overwhelming majority of their matches never even make it to a deciding set.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Wimbledon Ladies finals are usually less than 90 minutes long. I've seen single sets in the men's last longer than that.
              THat's because it's usually the same person on the winning side

You obviously have never watched much women's tennis. By comparison with the Men, their rallies are pitifully short and the overwhelming majority of their matches never even make it to a deciding set.
              Sorry but that's not true unless you're watching Murray Vs Djokovic.

Comment

Sorry but that's not true unless you're watching Murray Vs Djokovic.
                I see you don't watch much Men's Tennis either.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I see you don't watch much Men's Tennis either.
                  Actually, I do. Maybe you saw the French Open once and thought that's what tennis is always like?

Comment

Actually, I do. Maybe you saw the French Open once and thought that's what tennis is always like?
                    There are a whole clutch of top players in the Men's game that not only regularly beat the top handful, but at the very least take sets off them. Even Murray and Djokovic consistently drop sets to the likes of Del Potro, Nishikori, Raonic, Federer, Tsonga, Nadal, Monfils, Ferrer, Cilic, Wawrinka, Berdych, Karlovic, Kyrgios etc. etc. etc.
                    That in itself elongates the matches and the overall excitement.
                    Not sure what "Tennis" you have been watching!!

Comment

I think tennis should be tested . Separate the tournaments and let us see which ones draw the punters
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X