• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It doesn't just rain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Not possible to arrange some kind of deal with a taxi firm?
    Yes, but the issue still remains, when I sit down I get major cramps, so I can't actually sit down as a passanger either. I could lie. If I can sit down as a passenger, but not drive, then yes I'll arrange a taxi firm deal.

Anyway, they've come back for a separate interview on Friday, with a view for a role maybe next week, plus one for the New Year once my issue clears. So it seems, they're interested in getting me onboard regardless and may wait, which frankly is a bit of a result considering.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Yes, but the issue still remains, when I sit down I get major cramps, so I can't actually sit down as a passanger either.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well he didn't trash the class today. He also didn't do any work either, but spent most of the day in his new safe area.

He's now had his day cut back so he leaves at 2 O Clock, as opposed to 3.20.
        So, a good day, basically.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yes, but the issue still remains, when I sit down I get major cramps, so I can't actually sit down as a passanger either. I could lie. If I can sit down as a passenger, but not drive, then yes I'll arrange a taxi firm deal.

Anyway, they've come back for a separate interview on Friday, with a view for a role maybe next week, plus one for the New Year once my issue clears. So it seems, they're interested in getting me onboard regardless and may wait, which frankly is a bit of a result considering.
          obviously you have something on them!

what creatures from hell are those ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhTIoIXoTI

Was Suity your Percy?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            obviously you have something on them!

what creatures from hell are those ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhTIoIXoTI

Was Suity your Percy?
            lol. Actually it was a combination. They want somebody who is a bit of a jack of all trades, has senior experience and can work with developers, is a data guru & knows what to do with it related to driving the business and it's in high street retail (but not one of the major supermarkets). So when I spoke to them on the interview, i gave them 3/4 ideas for something on how to drive the retail business. So in this case, having had shops for 10 years in addition to all the IT skills & sales/marketing I think they were interested. To be fair I like the company anyway it's on the high street so I was looking forward to it as well.

Oh well, lets see what happens Friday.

Comment

lol. Actually it was a combination. They want somebody who is a bit of a jack of all trades, has senior experience and can work with developers, is a data guru & knows what to do with it related to driving the business and it's in high street retail (but not one of the major supermarkets). So when I spoke to them on the interview, i gave them 3/4 ideas for something on how to drive the retail business. So in this case, having had shops for 10 years in addition to all the IT skills & sales/marketing I think they were interested. To be fair I like the company anyway it's on the high street so I was looking forward to it as well.

Good Luck MF
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Whereas my current high street retail client co. is lurching from one tulipstorm cluster**** to another as a result of offshoring services, a rush to the cloud and general general corner cutting in the rush to get stuff into production. Despite us telling them explicitly not to do things and what they should be doing to make it all work without it turning into a mess no-one want to take responsibility for.

Almost makes me want to go back to the PS. At least things move slow enough there that you can see the tulip coming and do something about it.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Whereas my current high street retail client co. is lurching from one tulipstorm cluster**** to another as a result of offshoring services, a rush to the cloud and general general corner cutting in the rush to get stuff into production. Despite us telling them explicitly not to do things and what they should be doing to make it all work without it turning into a mess no-one want to take responsibility for.
                  They are being Agile....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    They are being Agile....
                    I wish that was true, but they are actively not adopting Agile because they "don't have time to bring people up to speed on it without impacting delivery.".....
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nah. It was just another fookin rain crowd.

DS1 suspended from school for punching a teacher who tried to take something from him. Completely random, he'd had the best morning of the week, when asked to hand something over he refused, when she reached for it, he instinctively hit out. Automatic temporary exclusion.

He then asked 'why do I have to leave school, what did I do?'

Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                      X