• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uber going to wash that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Has anyone ever seen that in the UK?

It's been 20 years, but I still remember the misery of lugging a big heavy bag of clothes (and a big heavy bag of change) a mile down the road to the laundrette.

This is most likely going to appeal to people who are at home anyway, like women looking after kids, or WFH contractors, who see it as a way of making a small bit of cash. Not really a bad thing.
    My first year student flat in Edinburgh had one - although that was about 22 ish years ago.

I guess today's snowflakes have a washer and dryer in their accommodation?

Comment

It's been 20 years, but I still remember the misery of lugging a big heavy bag of clothes (and a big heavy bag of change) a mile down the road to the laundrette.

This is most likely going to appeal to people who are at home anyway, like women looking after kids, or WFH contractors, who see it as a way of making a small bit of cash. Not really a bad thing.
      So how's it work? You buy one of these expensive things and hope people want to use it? But they already have washing machines since they had to wash clothes before you bought one. Or, your washer breaks and you decide not to replace it but persuade a neighbour to throw out their machine and buy a smart one? In which case you could have the one they throw out.

If this was on Dragons Den you know what the outcome would be!

What next, letting the neighbours use your bog for 5p a go?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        So how's it work? You buy one of these expensive things and hope people want to use it? But they already have washing machines since they had to wash clothes before you bought one. Or, your washer breaks and you decide not to replace it but persuade a neighbour to throw out their machine and buy a smart one? In which case you could have the one they throw out.

If this was on Dragons Den you know what the outcome would be!

What next, letting the neighbours use your bog for 5p a go?
        And will the washing machine owner be employed by the app developer and be entitled to holiday pay and taxation at source ?
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Nope.

I dodge the JWs and parcel delivery people already.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X