• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the USA gets rid of Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Yes, he seems to be utterly repulsive as a person, but again if Mr. Clinton can get a BJ off a 19 year old intern in the oval office, have it splashed in every paper in the land and not get impeached. I can't see this having much bearing on him being removed.
    I'm sure the pun was very much intended...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      American politics is broken. Turnout less than 60%, a president elected to power on fewer votes than his interloper.
      Compared to our system, it seems fair.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        I am not a Trump supporter but I thought that in that video about grabbing women by the pussy he was boasting about what they let him do therefore they would not be victims as they were consenting?

The transcript runs

Trump *I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush:*Whatever you want.

Trump:*Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
        No doubt there are women only too keen to get intimate with the powerful flaxen-haired billionaire, however there are others with whom this would constitute uninvited sexual harassment, which you'd imagine would be something of an impediment to most professional careers. Even if we dismiss this as 'locker room banter' there are women, including several pursuing legal action, who allege that what he described fits a pattern of behaviour.

In a federal lawsuit – filed while she and her husband were suing Trump for allegedly not paying them what he owed on the American Dream contract – Harth alleged that Trump forcibly touched her, time and again, at various meetings and parties over about a year’s time.

At one dinner party at Trump’s Plaza Hotel, she said in the lawsuit that Trump touched her thigh under the table, attempting to grab her “intimate private parts.” She alleged Trump also forced her into a bedroom at his*Mar-A-Lago*estate in Palm Beach, touched her “private parts in an act that constituted attempted rape.”
        Even if we dismiss the lawsuits against Trump (and his companies, accused of dismissing women for becoming pregnant, too old etc) as meritricious golddigging, there's evidence of sleazeballery in his own words, whether it is salivating over the prospect of a 10 year old becoming old enough to 'date', or hanging round the dressing rooms at his beauty pageant …

“Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”
        Personally I don't believe the lawsuits will succeed, and there's nothing to stop a misogynist sleazeball being a president, but it makes you wonder, is this really the best America has to offer?

Everything About the Donald Trump Sexual Assault Allegations

Trump, companies accused of mistreating women in at least 20 lawsuits
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Compared to our system, it seems fair.
          Yep. Both are broken.

Comment

Yep. Both are broken.
            Which means what exactly?

As I have said before Trump and Brexit are reactions to the tyranny of the liberal left. I am sure many who voted for him share some of your opinions (as I do) of him but they would rather give him a go than continue to put up with your "truths"
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

As I have said before Trump and Brexit are reactions to the tyranny of the liberal left. I am sure many who voted for him share some of your opinions (as I do) of him but they would rather give him a go than continue to put up with your "truths"
              Briefly it means we are a long way from the democratic ideal of 1 man, 1 vote. The value of a vote varies by postcode, people in swing states or marginal seats have a disproportionate say in the outcome. The reasons for this were sound at the time the systems were created, but drastically need modernisation. Under pure OMOV, Clinton would now be president (+ 1.15 million), and our political landscape would also look very different.

I don't disagree with some of that analysis. The exit polls indicate that just 42% of Trump supporters 'strongly favoured' him (53% for Clinton) while 51% said 'I dislike the other candidates' best described their reason for voting (39% Clinton).

So it seems to have been more anti-Clinton than pro-Trump. I grossly underestimated the strength of anti-status quo feeling and the degree to which voters were willing to overlook the candidate's manifest flaws in order to register a protest 'FU' vote. So it goes.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...xit-polls.html

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Ah, careful. The Brexit referendum was a completely fair result - highest number wins. The part of our system that was referring to was the election of MPs. We've got 56 MPs representing one party that received 1.45m votes but 1MP each to represent parties that received 3.88m and 1.16m votes
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I grossly underestimated the strength of anti-status quo feeling and the degree to which voters were willing to overlook the candidate's manifest flaws in order to register a protest 'FU' vote.
                  You and a great many others. I can't understand why, in this country, all of the opposition parties are not now pushing for a Proportional Representation system to replace our outdated FPTP muddle.
                  It is unarguably a fairer and much more democratic system, and much more likely to improve voter turnout in future Elections.
                  Without major change turnout figures will continue to slump to the point where the powers that be will try and make voting mandatory.
                  And that would be completely wrong.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You and a great many others. I can't understand why, in this country, all of the opposition parties are not now pushing for a Proportional Representation system to replace our outdated FPTP muddle.
                    It is unarguably a fairer and much more democratic system, and much more likely to improve voter turnout in future Elections.
                    Without major change turnout figures will continue to slump to the point where the powers that be will try and make voting mandatory.
                    And that would be completely wrong.
                    We had a referendum for AV in 2011. Both Labour and the Tories were against it so the majority of the population stupidity voted against it

We don't want true PR as by true PR you get right or left wing fascist parties holding the balance of power. You wouldn't like a party like the BNP or Momentum deciding policy.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Briefly it means we are a long way from the democratic ideal of 1 man, 1 vote. The value of a vote varies by postcode, people in swing states or marginal seats have a disproportionate say in the outcome. The reasons for this were sound at the time the systems were created, but drastically need modernisation. Under pure OMOV, Clinton would now be president (+ 1.15 million), and our political landscape would also look very different.

I don't disagree with some of that analysis. The exit polls indicate that just 42% of Trump supporters 'strongly favoured' him (53% for Clinton) while 51% said 'I dislike the other candidates' best described their reason for voting (39% Clinton).

So it seems to have been more anti-Clinton than pro-Trump. I grossly underestimated the strength of anti-status quo feeling and the degree to which voters were willing to overlook the candidate's manifest flaws in order to register a protest 'FU' vote. So it goes.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...xit-polls.html
                      You actually gravely over estimated the sanctity of your so called "truths" and your competences in helping the people you purportedly claim to want to help.

Your attempts to kid people about your various extortion rackets have been rumbled

Last edited by DodgyAgent; 16 November 2016, 15:03.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X