• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Ignoring the most recent one? Thanks, I decline the offer.
    So you want to avoid the evidence that the electoral boundaries in the UK are skewed in favour of the Labour party?

Why an I unsurprised by that?

Comment

So you want to avoid the evidence that the electoral boundaries in the UK are skewed in favour of the Labour party
      You have not presented any evidence for me to avoid.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Basically the higher the vote regardless of the party the better they generally do, since Labour won most of the recent elections then you can paint a picture of Labour being favoured.

Now it's the other way round with the Conservatives winning the elections so they're now doing proportionally better.

If your conclusion is that the current system favours Labour, that is incorrect, it simply favours the party with the most votes.
        Ok. Please explain:

2015 Tory 37.7% 330 seats
        2010 Tory 36.0% 306 seats
        2005 Labr 35.2% 355 seats

Comment

You have not presented any evidence for me to avoid.
          Please see evidence above.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Ok. Please explain:

Scotland?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Scotland?
              Mainly London I think. Smaller Labour voting constituencies. Fewer votes, more seats.

It was a comparison with the US electoral college. The reworking of the boundaries will resolve this. (And probably cause a different issue).

Comment

I posted something from twitter that said that Trump won the popular vote
                Why?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Ok. Please explain:

Its what the illuminati wanted

Comment

There's no expectation of a linear relationship between %vote and seats in a FPTP, multi party system. My understanding is that Labour currently have a small advantage based just on number of constituents per seat, and the Boundary Commission are addressing this.

But there are other forms of bias

https://constitution-unit.com/2015/0...conservatives/

Comment

There's no expectation of a linear relationship between %vote and seats in a FPTP, multi party system. My understanding is that Labour currently have a small advantage based just on number of constituents per seat, and the Boundary Commission are addressing this.

But there are other forms of bias

https://constitution-unit.com/2015/0...conservatives/
                      I don't see anything in their that constitutes actual bias, just changed voting patterns e.g. the point about amassing votes in safe seats has always been the case.

There are 2 major factors I see:

Fpp - and more significantly, Fpp on a constituency basis. However, we voted on av in 2011 and the electorate said no
                      Boundary size - currently being addressed

Comment

Working...
                      X