• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Interesting as in the UK the skew massively favours Labour who get disproportionately more seats per percentage vote.
    really ?

Not according to the official results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2015

or were you comparing UKIP with Labour and forgot about the Conservatives.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Interesting as in the UK the skew massively favours Labour who get disproportionately more seats per percentage vote.
      ??

Party Seats Votes Votes/Seat

Conservative 331 11,334,920 34244
      Labour 232 9,347,326 40290
      Scottish National 56 1,454,436 25972
      Liberal Democrat 8 2,415,888 301986
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        ??

Interesting that you didn't show the UKIP figures.

If it helps, they are as follows...
        UKIP - 3,881,129 votes, 1 seat

Comment

??

Look back through recent elections and compare the percentages of Tory votes and seats to Labour votes and seats.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            We will see.
            Indeed. Here's your source

https://twitter.com/Koxinga8/status/797622373247614976

Meanwhile, even Fox News shows that 0.67 million voters preferred Clinton.

Comment

Look back through recent elections and compare the percentages of Tory votes and seats to Labour votes and seats.
              Ignoring the most recent one? Thanks, I decline the offer.

Comment

Basically the higher the vote regardless of the party the better they generally do, since Labour won most of the recent elections then you can paint a picture of Labour being favoured.

Now it's the other way round with the Conservatives winning the elections so they're now doing proportionally better.

If your conclusion is that the current system favours Labour, that is incorrect, it simply favours the party with the most votes.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ignoring the most recent one? Thanks, I decline the offer.
                  After all you would not want any uncomfortable truths interrupting your righteous agenda
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    After all you would not want any uncomfortable truths interrupting your righteous agenda
                    Did you not get the memo? We get our truths from Twitter now. If there was a relationship historically, it broke down in 2015.

But if you want to go get the numbers and post the truth, uncomfortable or otherwise, feel free.

Comment

Did you not get the memo? We get our truths from Twitter now. If there was a relationship historically, it broke down in 2015.

But if you want to go get the numbers and post the truth, uncomfortable or otherwise, feel free.
                      I posted something from twitter that said that Trump won the popular vote. Unlike you and your liberal left establishment I don't post "truths".
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X