• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment Challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kepp the 100k and flog non-existant electrical goods on E-bay.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      Kepp the 100k and flog non-existant electrical goods on E-bay.
      Or another variation. Sell "Reality TV £10 notes" signed by you on E-Bay for £100 each.

Comment

Sell 1,000,001 raffle tickets for a non existant prize online at £1 each and give the winner their money back.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
          Sell 1,000,001 raffle tickets for a non existant prize online at £1 each and give the winner their money back.

HTH

Sell 1,100,000 tickets for a £100,000 prize for a pound and actually pay out.

Ensure publicity.

Rince and repeat as desired.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Pinched from Lock-Stock

"you open a company called the Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club. You take an advert in the back page of some gay mag, advertising the latest in arse-intruding dildos, sell it a bit with,... I dunno, "does what no other dildo can do until now", latest and greatest in sexual technology. Guaranteed results or money back, all that bollocks.

These dills cost twenty-five each; a snip for all the pleasure they are going to give the recipients. They send a cheque to the company name, nothing offensive, Bobbie's Bits or something, for twenty-five. You put these in the bank for two weeks and let them clear.

Now this is the clever bit. Then you send back the cheques for twenty-five pounds from the real company name, Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club, saying sorry, we couldn't get the supply from America, they have sold out. Now you see how many of the people cash those cheques; not a single soul, because who wants his bank manager to know he tickles arses when he is not paying in cheques!"

Repeat untill you hit £1,000,000 !!
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Classic.

Comment

Start an agency to rip all of us off!
                There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who don’t

Comment

Serious post.

I really do think there is money (big) to be made with the combination of the following.

The Internet
                  Premium rate mobile txt's (£1 a pop)
                  Chavs or other large groups of people (ethnics?)
                  Something else

It's the something else I'm struggling with.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Serious post.

I really do think there is money (big) to be made with the combination of the following.

The Internet
                    Something else

Set up an 0870 number and a power dialler. Call lots of credulous IT contractors and hang up as soon as they answer.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                      Serious post.

The Internet
                      Something else

There is. Shhhhh... mum's the word.

Comment

Working...
                      X