• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rewarded for failure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    David Cameron signs £800k deal for his memoirs | Daily Mail Online

A dreadful politician who completely misjudged the mood of the nation.
    "Misjudged" how?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      "Misjudged" how?
      Credited the public with more intelligence than they turned out to have.

Some people say that he wanted Brexit as a way out of being PM, or as a way of getting a more right wing government than the public would vote for normally. So maybe he judged (and played) the public perfectly.

Though personally I find it easier to believe he was a numpty who listened too much to his political advisers.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Credited the public with more intelligence than they turned out to have.

Some people say that he wanted Brexit as a way out of being PM, or as a way of getting a more right wing government than the public would vote for normally. So maybe he judged (and played) the public perfectly.

Though personally I find it easier to believe he was a numpty who listened too much to his political advisers.
        So, badly advised (if you're a remoaner), otherwise, I don't see any problem with what he did. Which was giving the British people the right to decide who rules them. Fine by me.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          There are some interesting facts in here but you would not put Thatcher into the same self serving bracket as blair

Jubilee Plus : BARONESS THATCHER'S GREAT MISCALCULATION

However, Baroness Thatcher was also a great believer in philanthropy. She practised it herself – giving away significant sums of her personal wealth to worthy causes. She wanted others to do the same and was surprised when it didn’t really happen.
          Well Blair is also a believer in philanthropy.

Tony Blair Philanthropist of the Year award defended by GQ | The Independent

Don't see any difference between Thatcher and Blair. Both had charities both accused of being two faced and associated with dubious characters.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 October 2016, 12:36.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Well Blair is also a believer in philanthropy.

Tony Blair Philanthropist of the Year award defended by GQ | The Independent

Don't see any difference between Thatcher and Blair. Both had charities both accused of being two faced and associated with dubious characters.
            Falkands War was legitimate you plum.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

With that title I thought this was a summary of Suitys working career.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 26 October 2016, 16:16.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                There are some interesting facts in here but you would not put Thatcher into the same self serving bracket as blair

Jubilee Plus : BARONESS THATCHER'S GREAT MISCALCULATION

However, Baroness Thatcher was also a great believer in philanthropy. She practised it herself – giving away significant sums of her personal wealth to worthy causes. She wanted others to do the same and was surprised when it didn’t really happen.
                You could always lead by example and reduce your margin below 20%

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  You could always lead by example and reduce your margin below 20%
                  He won't, just another virtue signalling

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Falkands War was legitimate you plum.
                    I knew you were right-wing, but I didn't have you down as a Galtieri fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I knew you were right-wing, but I didn't have you down as a Galtieri fan.
                      You guessed I was right-wing; I'm neither - I think the political spectrum is a thing of the past. There are many issues where I disagree with both parties and politicians themselves have done no favours to encourage people to be interested in politics.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X