• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression

Think it must be the time of the year...

Cold, damp, grey and dark outside & we've got another 6 months of it... everyone obsessed with Strictly come f*****g Dancing & the Great British Frikkin' Bakeoff...

Oh Gawd... there must be more to life than this.

Plan a trip abroad for Xmas if you haven't already.
    I am marking off the days to mine. Better than any meds I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Cold, damp, grey and dark outside & we've got another 6 months of it... everyone obsessed with Strictly come f*****g Dancing & the Great British Frikkin' Bakeoff...

There is. New Big Bang series on E4!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
        Plan a trip abroad for Xmas if you haven't already.
        I am marking off the days to mine. Better than any meds I know of.
        Planning a week or 2 in February. Was going to Lanzarote; may just push the boat out & go longhaul for a bit of guaranteed sunshine.

Comment

Book a holiday.

Note to self: Book a holiday

Comment

Planning a week or 2 in February. Was going to Lanzarote; may just push the boat out & go longhaul for a bit of guaranteed sunshine.
            SNNAAPP!!!
            This so closely mirrors my plans it's untrue. Have we met?
            Am going with family in December but we have a one year old in the party and no one can face a nine hour flight with a one year old, so its Lanzarote for us, chosen cos everyone tells me it will be nice and sunny.
            But I don't quite believe them...so lining up the Caribbean for a couple of weeks after that. Job done.

Comment

Also count your blessing. I know you have loads. This time of the year is hellish for me, I don't do cold and darkness very well and I've had a couple of bereavements as well but I'm hanging on to the fact I have a roof over my head, plenty of food and currently a nice paying contract. Thank you lord.

Comment

SNNAAPP!!!
                This so closely mirrors my plans it's untrue. Have we met?
                Am going with family in December but we have a one year old in the party and no one can face a nine hour flight with a one year old, so its Lanzarote for us, chosen cos everyone tells me it will be nice and sunny.
                But I don't quite believe them...so lining up the Caribbean for a couple of weeks after that. Job done.
                So you get to do both! You have plenty to look forward to...

I've been to Lanzarote (Playa Blanca) a couple of times in February & the weather was spring like & more than warm enough to sit out in the evenings.

As for the Caribbean, it'll probably be the French West Indies again for me. Saint Martin most probably; love it there.

Also count your blessing. I know you have loads. This time of the year is hellish for me, I don't do cold and darkness very well and I've had a couple of bereavements as well but I'm hanging on to the fact I have a roof over my head, plenty of food and currently a nice paying contract. Thank you lord.
                Amen to that & I hope it all starts looking up for you soon.

Comment

Amen to that & I hope it all starts looking up for you soon.
                  WBBPS

Comment

...so lining up the Caribbean for a couple of weeks after that. Job done.
                    As for the Caribbean, it'll probably be the French West Indies again for me. Saint Martin most probably; love it there.

Comment

Working...
                    X