• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Union begins to unravel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    No, you naïve twit. We've been through this - It would just mean we'd be palmed off with staler food.
    We would do as we have always done and not buy stale food.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      So you are not in favour of patents?
      I'm not in favour of food being controlled by a minority which is where this is going.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I'm not in favour of food being controlled by a minority which is where this is going.
        Grow your own, eat seasonally and support local farmers/producers.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I would quite like the option of GM crops, cheaper food and better for the environment as they use less fertiliser and pesticides. Of course the German chemical companies don't want anyone to stop buying their fertiliser and pesticides.

And maybe now we can get food irradiation as well and cut down on food waste.

IN so many ways the EU has held us back.
          Well, I might have 'gone native' in Denmark but the food here, even fast food is so much better, I have done some research ie asking.....

1. Every place is hygiene rated and it seems you have to have a 5, out of 5, I've not seen any place with less than a 5...

2. Not allowed to put shiit in the food, closely watched, no GM stuff, no crap.

Net result is even McD's stuff is 10 times nicer than the UK ones, 4 nugget deal think it's about £1.50 and they are spot on, crisp and tasty, every time.

And even eating stuff like that in eves cos I can't read the food labels in supermarket reliably, in six weeks I've lost 2 stone, and feel loads better.

I'm conviced the Tory gov here put mogadon in the food....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Is that the same Monsanto that is owned by Bayer AG?
            They don't own Monsanto.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              But if they don't make it nobody owns it.

Comment

So you are not in favour of patents?
                I would suggest you have not read the ins and outs of the whole GM scenario.
                People in the US have been fined by Monsanto for inadvertently "growing" their crops.

https://www.rt.com/usa/monsanto-pate...e-farmers-547/
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

They don't own Monsanto.
                  Errrrmmmm......

Bayer clinches Monsanto with improved $66 billion bid | Reuters
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

They don't own Monsanto.
                    Ah, you must be talking about a different Bayer and a different Monsanto (or maybe it's a blue tick twitter feed you've read it on)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mo...-idUSKCN11K128
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I would suggest you have not read the ins and outs of the whole GM scenario.
                      People in the US have been fined by Monsanto for inadvertently "growing" their crops.

https://www.rt.com/usa/monsanto-pate...e-farmers-547/
                      Pharrell got fined for 'inadvertently' using a Marvin Gaye song. People would laugh if anyone blamed the estate of Marvin Gaye.

Comment

Working...
                      X