• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IndyRef2 : This time it's war!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    All the rUK stuff would leave Scotland and they'd become a bigger basket case than Greece.
    That time has come and gone apparently.

Potential of improving logistics attracts foreign players to Greece

Scotland is a bigger economic basket case than Greece

Obviously people in Scotland are taking more holidays whilst driving around in their Prosche Cayennes
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago about the worrying trend of SNP MPs, MSPs and councilors equating the conservative's brexit process to the actions of the Nazis in the 1930s.

This reached peak ****wittery at the SNP conference where an Australian and long standing SNP supporter compared his family's inability to get employment to satisfy an offer of a Tier 2 visa to the Nazi's treatment on the Jews...

To equate a working visa issue with the holocaust is total fruitbattery.

I would say with some certainty that this is a top down strategy, now the economic argument is completely gone the narrative must be shifted to the claim that Scottish people are 'morally superior' ( yes, they have used that term ). These people are dangerous.

I see Tom Harris read my post and decided to address the same issue in the Telegraph today...

Can Leftists please stop comparing everything they don't like to Hitler?

Earlier this month, the “Baby of the House”, Britain’s youngest MP, the SNP’s Mhairi Black, penned a newspaper column in which she claimed that the Conservative Party’s immigration policies were “reminiscent of early 1930s Nazi Germany”.

At last week’s SNP conference, Christina McKelvie MSP made the same claim, specifically with regard to Home Secretary Amber Rudd’s (admittedly ludicrous) proposal that UK companies should state how many of their workers are non-UK citizens. *This, said Ms McKelvie, was “reminiscent of the Nazis”.
      But the worst, most offensive, most inaccurate and most blatant smear came from a non-politician at the same conference.

Gregg Brain, an Australian whose family was almost deported from Scotland after they overstayed and broke the terms of their post-study work visa and who only elicited a U-turn from the Home Office after a clever and emotive PR campaign, proudly wore a yellow badge with the letter “F” on it as he took to the stage in Glasgow. This, Mr Brain told delirious delegates, was “a response to Amber Rudd’s programme”.

A yellow badge. Denoting his alien status.

What could possibly be offensive about that?

What Mr Brain and his new friends in the SNP fail, perhaps deliberately, to understand is that comparing modern, democratic governments to the Nazis, while naturally giving the offence intended, also denigrates the victims of the actual regime which is being used in the comparison.
      Jews living in Nazi-occupied Europe were not subjected to seemingly needless bureaucracy and given 30 days’ notice to leave the country or face further fines.

They were not politely but firmly informed that unless they secured full time employment, their immigration status couldn’t be guaranteed, and they were certainly not indulged by the media to broadcast their grievances and encourage popular support for their plight.

No, Jews in Nazi-occupied Europe were beaten, tortured, raped, deported and executed. They were deprived of their employment, their possessions, their dignity and, ultimately, their lives.
      They were not invited to address rival parties’ conferences in order to denounce the very politicians who had used their ministerial discretion to allow them to stay in the country for another year.

Comment

I see Tom Harris read my post and decided to address the same issue in the Telegraph today...

Can Leftists please stop comparing everything they don't like to Hitler?
        Don't you constantly compare the SNP to Nazis ? As with most of your arguments, it's OK for you to do it, but if anyone else does, it's wrong ?

Go back to supporting the bombing of shopping centres. Bloody Nazi...
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Don't you constantly compare the SNP to Nazis ? As with most of your arguments, it's OK for you to do it, but if anyone else does, it's wrong ?

Go back to supporting the bombing of shopping centres. Bloody Nazi...
          Do I?

Comment

Do I?
            Ja, taglich mein freund.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Test Mangeler

Current Activity
              Searching Forums

Comment

Comment

Looks more like a Soviet goose-step to me...
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

He is just practising being totally out of step with most of the Electorate.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Must have learned it from his time working for the Russians

Comment

Working...
                      X