• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WeSwap crowd-funding share ownership?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The first word I read there was wife-swap.
    I'm sure that was the intent....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      They are using Seedr, basically it allows smaller businesses to run an IPO and offer shares to the public without the overheads of having to deal with all the legal and regulatory compliance involved. Seedr does all the heavy lifting for you, for a set fee based on the funds you want to raise. Investors use the Seedr site to find business they want to invest in without going through a conventional broker or the stock markets. You still end up as a shareholder once the investment round closes, just as you would with any other investment.

Free Agent was funded this way.

https://www.seedrs.com/raise
      Very interesting. I'll take a look and maybe it answers this clearly but: Can you then trade these shares and put them in ISAs and so on?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
        Depends how quickly you want it - immediate swap has a 1.4% charge, 3 days 1.3% 7 days 0% - so £500 today gets $609.85 in 7 days at the moment. But that's what Revolut gives you immediately.
        Just got one of their cards to put a few £s worth of $s on in prep for holiday in California....and to offset the risk of plunging pound against hotel bill.

If you go to their website via link on MSE, you get a £10 bonus.

Comment

I think if you recommend someone you each get £5 as well, useful if you have a spouse.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Re: Investment

My sense of it is, you invest and receive shares. But they will not have any value - greater or smaller than the amount you invested - until WESWAP sells to a listed company or floats on a stock exchange. i.e. you will not be able to trade your shares until one of the above happens.
            They could fold of course. In which case your investment is history. I could be wrong about all of this...
            Good luck if you go for it. I will. I think it's an excellent platform.

Comment

Working...
            X