• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

only £2bn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Moreover, what can the NHS do? Turn mothers that are about to pop out on the street?
    What would Trump do, for the Mexican mothers that turn up for medical treament in the USA?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      What would Trump do, for the Mexican mothers that turn up for medical treament in the USA?
      Grab em by the foof n chuck em over the wall apparently

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Some Tier 2 sponsor pay all applicants visa fees, some don't or pay part.

Re: students they need to pay the IHS too, £200 a year as do dependants.

Family members of EEA citizens in UK not working (ie studying) have to have CSI from wherever, BUPA, Aviva etc....

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview
        I looked up the charge for students as I did hear some student say he paid a hundred and something a few days ago not two hundred.

Anyway if you look on the links you provided it is £150 for students linky
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I looked up the charge for students as I did hear some student say he paid a hundred and something a few days ago not two hundred.

Anyway if you look on the links you provided it is £150 for students linky
          That Tier 5, YMS, not student (Tier 4). T5 YMS is a work/holiday visa, formerly known as WHM, Working Holiday Maker Visa.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            That Tier 5, YMS, not student (Tier 4). T5 YMS is a work/holiday visa, formerly known as WHM, Working Holiday Maker Visa.
            Yes I was talking about student visas (Tier 4 visas) where the IHS fee is £150.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Yes I was talking about student visas (Tier 4 visas) where the IHS fee is £150.
              Yes u r right. I got it wrong, apols!

Comment

Heavily pregnant women are not allowed to fly.

But it's in the Daily Mail so it must all be true

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Heavily pregnant women are not allowed to fly.

But it's in the Daily Mail so it must all be true
                  ok you work on a check in desk so you greet a woman with a noticeable belly and suggest she is pregnant she denies this do you

What exactly do you do?

These people are willing to lie to get free maternity service why would they tell the truth to the airline?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    ok you work on a check in desk so you greet a woman with a noticeable belly and suggest she is pregnant she denies this do you

What exactly do you do?

These people are willing to lie to get free maternity service why would they tell the truth to the airline?
                    If the problem is really as big as reported (granted it is the Daily Mail), surely a requirement of health insurance covering pregnancy at the point of issuing visa should help with the cost. Couple that up with making airlines liable for some of the cost if they fail to turn away women if they are 32/33 weeks (whatever the guidelines are) pregnant.

It would not solve all potential cases, but will surely act as a deterrent.

I believe airlines have to offer free travel back to people if they have travelled on the wrong/fake visa. Add in pregnancy to that !

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                      If the problem is really as big as reported (granted it is the Daily Mail), surely a requirement of health insurance covering pregnancy at the point of issuing visa should help with the cost. Couple that up with making airlines liable for some of the cost if they fail to turn away women if they are 32/33 weeks (whatever the guidelines are) pregnant.

It would not solve all potential cases, but will surely act as a deterrent.

I believe airlines have to offer free travel back to people if they have travelled on the wrong/fake visa. Add in pregnancy to that !
                      I'm all for insurance we need to change our rules as suggested above.

I don't see how airlines can do much if the pregnancy is not obvious. So long as their terms of carriage prohibit it they have done their job.

The Airlines do not issue Visas therefore they have no fault over respecting them.

This is a government issue.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X