• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chop Chop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry Shaunbhoy & Old Greg have always been unnatural.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Agreed that nature wants to propagate, but with our vaunted intellect (as a species) are we not against nature & have been for a long time – in the realms of what we take out vs what we put in to nature / our environment.

Another way to look at it would be, to ensure the survivability of the species we have to breed to sustainable levels, so if I were to decide not to have kids due to the existing high human population, am I not being more aware of the needs of the species over my own desire to breed.

Or it could be that there are medical reasons why I can’t have kids & you are reminding me of that loss by your callous statement that I am unnatural.

Or I could be honestly selfish: which is better than having kids “as that’s what ones does” & not giving them a loving upbringing

There are many & varied reasons why people don’t have kids & who are we to judge them for their reasons?

This. There's 1 planet and 6 billion humans on it. There's enough famine and suffering without us adding to it ad infinitum until someone presses the big red button.

Sir David AttenBorough has it nailed: Sir David Attenborough: If we do not control population, the natural world will - Telegraph

On a slightly different note, surely my choice to not have kids is saving the world from additional lifetimes of carbon emissions and I should therefore get a carbon tax credit to use against my car tax......
      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Don't worry Shaunbhoy & Old Greg have always been unnatural.
        Humans are an odd species and we only survive due to our individual diversity.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Well because all species are genetically hardwired to want to propagate their species. It is as Nature decrees, hence anyone that flies in the face of that imperative must be, to a degree at least, somewhat unnatural.
          Like Pandas?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Like Pandas?
            I think they WANT to reproduce. They are just crap at it. Perhaps we should relocate some of them to one of our sink estates?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              And now you celebrate every day by being a contentious ball bag much larger than the size of a marrow.
              ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Or it could be that there are medical reasons why I can’t have kids & you are reminding me of that loss by your callous statement that I am unnatural.
                Well hardly, as my initial response was aimed at those who "chose not to" have kids. And I only said "somewhat" unnatural.
                I was really targeting those who seem to have made the choice because they are essentially too selfish.

Comment

Maybe not wanting to breed is population control and therefore natural
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe not wanting to breed is population control and therefore natural
                    No. it isn't.
                    It IS, admittedly, a form of population control, but then again so is Genocide.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X